We have an immediate opening for a Helpdesk IT Consultant for small-to-medium sized businesses. This position will report to our Warwick Office daily, with occasional trip to client offices in New England.
This is a full-time position, offering competitive salary, paid time off and holidays, health benefits, and reimbursed mileage and expenses.
Our IT Consultants work as part of our technical team, responsible for fielding the helpdesk, regularly scheduled on-site visits, hands on technical work, and provide ongoing support for our clients networks, servers, workstations and disaster-recovery systems. You should also be able to translate technical needs into business benefits that clients can easily understand.
Our ideal candidate works well with diverse personality types in various business environments, and excels at managing multiple tasks simultaneously, possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills, and possesses strong time-management and organizational skills. You may be asked to provide guidance and technical leadership for clients and other members of our technical teams. You have the ability to influence others to achieve results, you have a great attitude, and you're committed to being a team player.
- Accredited Bachelor's degree in an IT-related discipline, or 4+ years’ experience of IT-related work experience in small business IT consulting
- Current/active Microsoft certification with a minimum MCSE Windows Server 2008 or MCITP preferred. Additional Microsoft, ITIL and other IT-related certifications are a plus
- Minimum 4 years of experience in IT support and networking with Microsoft server systems and applications
- Technology consulting and field-support experience at a Managed Services Provider (MSP) or Value Added Reseller (VAR) strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel daily to various areas within New England.
(reliable transportation, current/valid insurance, and clean driving record)
- Clean criminal background
- Learn clients' businesses and how technology facilitates (or interrupts) their business.
- Manage our clients' networks proactively, as opposed to reactively.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement new hardware and software technologies as needed to improve customers' businesses.
- Provide on-call and reactive support services as requested by clients.
- Document network environments configurations, policies and procedures.
- Participate in client projects (e.g. network assessments, software implementations, hardware/software refresh and implementations, etc.)
Required Software Skills (installing, configuring, and troubleshooting)
- Microsoft Server 2003, 2008, 2012, Active-Directory management and Group Policy expertise
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, 2007, 2010
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Microsoft SharePoint Server and Services
- Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, Excel, Word, Access 2010
- Hyper-V and VMWare server virtualization technologies
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Microsoft Windows 8
Strongly Preferred Software Skills
- Connectwise PSA
- Remote monitoring systems, including Labtech, or other Managed Services platforms
- Image-backup systems, such as StorageCraft, etc.
- Desktop-imaging systems and desktop-rollout processes, including WDS, Acronis, Ghost, Fog, etc.
Required Technical & Networking Skills
- TCP/IP routing, communications protocols and ports, and configuring firewall rules
- SonicWALL and Cisco routers/firewalls
- Documenting and diagramming various network topologies and infrastructure configurations (wiring, switching, & routing)
- Domain-name registration and modification, authoritative DNS host changes
- DNS record types, modifying records and migrating domains and/or DNS hosts
- Configuring and troubleshooting IP-network printing and scanning
- Understanding and developing strategies for data protection and business-continuance / disaster-recovery planning
- Working with third-party product technical support and escalations, including ISPs and hardware/software manufacturers
Our company is a growing Managed Services Provider (MSP), servicing small-business clients in New England. We are seeking an individual who is friendly and outgoing, enthusiastic, and has the desire to excel in their professional and personal life, but more importantly wanting to make a difference.
Why work for our Attain Technology?
We know that we could not exist without our clients. Our ideal candidate understands that clients always deserve the best and wants to make an improvement to their lives. We offer a dynamic environment that's constantly changing, and are looking to attract a fun, energetic, and highly-intelligent team player who is motivated to continue growing as an IT professional.