The IT Sr Engineer, Service Applications will have a strong background in IT Service Management, Business Management, and CSM processes and solutions and possess expertise across the breadth of the ServiceNow platform. This position will identify and develop processes to streamline design, development and solutions. This position will interface with Denny’s Business Users and IT professionals to determine and define solution and integration requirements related to ServiceNow and web applications. This role will also assist customers with proof of concept/proof of value activities, and implementation of solution as well as configuration and customization of ServiceNow, development of required client specific reporting, and integration components.
Essential Functions (Key Responsibilities):
- Develop new solutions working from conceptual and business requirements.
- Works with business users to understand key business objectives and recommends appropriate technology solutions and present
- implementation vision.
- Assist with technical challenges across a portfolio of complex projects.
- Provide technical design and ensure the highest standard of technical quality.
- Ability to wear multiple hats, i.e. Business Analyst, Interim Project Manager, Admin/Developer, and tester is required.
- Coordinates software development projects with other technical teams both internal & external.
- Manages vendor relationships related to current technology deployments.
- Handles escalation of production problems.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or closely related field; Advanced degree or relevant experience. ITIL v3 Foundation Certification or higher is a plus.
- 6 years of experience as a software engineer. Experience in retail and/or food service industry strongly preferred. At least 3 years of experience in hands-on ServiceNow (either system administration, User Interface modification, or architectural knowledge) meeting client requirements and performing system tuning as well as experience managing and maintaining standards, best practices, business process and integrations. Experience in developing on the ServiceNow platform including the customization of the core applications such as Incident, Problem, Change, and Service Catalog.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work independently. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, client relation skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment. Able to discreetly handle confidential data. Excellent interpersonal skills combined with practice establishing and maintaining credibility as a ServiceNow expert.
- Ability to analyze business problems to develop solutions. Demonstrated ability to estimate projects & provide technical leadership to other levels.
- Ability to develop and run project and team meetings. Demonstrates and maintains advanced troubleshooting skills. Must possess understanding of relational database management systems, stored procedures, and queries.
Denny's, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, military or veteran's status, criminal background, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or local law.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should contact 864-597-8000. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THIS NUMBER TO CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 6 years (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment