Job Title: Electrical Engineer, PE
About the Role
Do you currently work in Oil & Gas and are interested in moving into the world of alternative energies?! Well, Fiedler Group, a Pasadena based Engineering & Design firm to Fortune 500 companies, is currently seeking a Mid-Level Licensed Electrical Engineer with 4 to 10 years of experience in the design of electrical power and lighting systems for new structures and renovations. Candidates are required to lead design projects. Certificates in Project management, working in AutoCAD / Revit, and/or LC are considered a plus.
(Applicants from outside staffing agencies will not be considered)
- Performs field surveys for the design of electrical systems, gathers information and completes load summaries.
- Prepares electrical schematic designs
- Lighting and power equipment selections
- Performs lighting and power circuiting
- Prepares Fire Alarm device layout
- Designs and coordinates lighting controls
- Designs power single line and riser diagrams
- Designs fire alarm riser diagrams and sequence of operations
- Create General Specifications
- Understand and utilize CAD standards
- Have a working knowledge of Codes and Energy Standards
- Ability to read floor plans, sections and elevations, risers, details, schedules and specifications.
- Possess strong record-keeping and organizational skills
- Possess a good sense of coordination and follows through. Able to work in close contact with the entire design team.
- Provides engineering calculations such as voltage drop, load flow, short circuit, breaker and relay coordination, motor starting and arc flash.
- Responsible for compliance with California's Title 24 to meet energy efficiency regulations for nonresidential buildings.
- Determines future feeder lengths to calculate voltage drops and short circuit values in order to size equipment, devices and cables to meet NEC standards.
- Reviews and responds to RFI’s
- Reviews equipment submittals
- Performs punch lists
- Required experience: 5 years minimum experience designing power and lighting systems for new buildings and renovations.
- Accountable for production of accurate technical and contract documentation for construction of project.
- Accountable for all Fiedler Group electrical design activities, including consultant design activities, as well as the accuracy, cost controls, budget, reporting, and timeliness of all assigned projects and related client management.
- Responsible for consulting, coordinating and/or directing other disciplines, vendors, contractors, and regulatory agencies to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary.
- Responsible for quality and accuracy of all electrical drawing packages, exhibits and documents assembled.
- Manage planning, design development, and production of working drawings and construction documents.
- Responsible for plan check requirements and ensure compliance with building codes and regulations.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and Photometric Software
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Advanced knowledge of QA/QC process.
- Thorough understanding and application of current building codes is required and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
- High degree of initiative, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Excellent communication skills (graphic, writing, and oral)
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
- Extremely organized and attentive to detail
Education and Experience:
- California licensed Electrical Engineer, required
- Minimum of 4-10 years progressive experience in management and responsibilities; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- LEED Certification preferred
- Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent, preferred;
- Experience preparing construction documents using a building prototype.
- Experience preparing preliminary site plans.
This is a Full Time, Exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits & Perks:
At Fiedler Group, we pride ourselves on the team atmosphere we have built and believe that a positive work environment not only fuels creativity and drive, but also provides a collaborative environment that fosters individual learning and growth. Therefore, we have developed the benefits package below to enhance our employees' overall employment experience.
Our benefits include:
- 95% paid Medical (HMO & PPO), 90% paid Dental
- 100% paid Vision, LTD, Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health and Wellness Benefit
- 401(k) Plan with immediate vesting and company matching
- Discretionary Bonuses
- Tiered Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 15 days/year
- PTO Cash Out Option
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Holiday Get-Togethers
- Firm-wide celebrations and events
- Training and Educational Opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Engineering: 6 years (Required)
- Designs fire alarm riser diagrams & sequence of operations: 5 years (Required)
- AutoCAD, Revit, Photometric Software: 4 years (Required)
- Design power single line and riser diagrams: 5 years (Required)
- of QA/QC process: 4 years (Required)
- Designing power & lighting systems for new & existing bldg: 5 years (Required)
- Please provide your salary expectations