Are you a "lifelong learner"? We are seeking an entry to mid-level, full-time, project engineer who enjoys learning, is self-motivated, and ambitious. As project engineer, you will be responsible for managing projects from the design phase through construction.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Civil Engineering
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Able to write/communicate well
- Able to travel
- Able to obtain passes to work on U.S. military installations
Responsibilities will primarily consist of the following:
- Directing the field engineer and drill crew
- Determine the lab tests to be performed
- Data analysis and calculations
- Drafting boring logs and laboratory data
- Report writing
- Responding to Clients' questions in a timely manner
- Review of construction plans and specifications for conformance with our soils reports
- Reviewing daily field reports from field technicians during construction
- Reponding to Requests For Information (RFI) during construction
- Pursuing new technical knowledge
- Involvement with a professional organization (e.g., ASCE)
Why work at Hirata & Associates, Inc.? As a "mid-size" geotechnical engineering company of about 20-25 employees, we offer a unique opportunity to work on a variety of public and private projects, while still being small enough for all employees to get to know each other. The company also offers opportunities for professional development and corporate advancement, depending on your experience and aptitude.
Benefits package include health insurance, 401(k), paid time off, flexible hours, free parking.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time