About the Company: We're a growing technology startup with a history of delivering innovative solutions. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. Kaloom employees are active learners, have a positive impact on the world and do exceptional work. We face challenges together and we win together. And together, we T.H.R.I.V.E and deliver world-class solutions that transform the way the world uses technology. Kaloom is reinventing the data center by leveraging software-defined networking.
Job Description: Kaloom is seeking a Software Engineer/Developer who is smart, curious and loves the challenge of solving problems that improve people’s lives. Our solutions use the latest generation of programmable Ethernet ASICs, enabling the implementation of services such as 5G User Plane Functions, load balancers, and firewalls directly onto network switches, and cloud technologies. You’ll collaborate with a fun and close-knit agile team to architect, implement, test, and continuously deliver new features and products to our customers.
Ideal candidates: Developers with a background in networking, preferably having strong Linux experience, IP network protocols knowledge, and containerized software deployment (Docker, Kubernetes). We also offer an opportunity to promising young candidates.
What Your Responsibilities Will Be:
- Design and develop new container-based datacenter networking functions.
- Participate in developing and maintaining Kaloom’s overall system and implementation architecture.
- Full life cycle software feature development from requirements through design, implementation, and maintenance
What We Look For:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Engineering or a related field; with a few years of relevant experience
- Excellent and demonstrated programming skills in system-level languages such as C, C++ or Golang
- Experience in client/server and/or microservices software architecture
- Strong knowledge/experience in large-scale carrier-grade system
- Strong technical leadership skills and interpersonal skills - Excellent analytical skills, particularly in the realm of software and network debugging and troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience with routing protocols like BGP, OSPF is an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong logical and creative problem-solving skills
- Imaginative, motivated, and able to work effectively under pressure
- Deep experience with technologies such as network virtualization, SDN, NFV, and Containers is highly desirable
- Experience working with distributed management systems
We foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can see themselves. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- 100% company-sponsored Health & Dental benefits
- Employer RRSP matching
- A culture that encourages career growth and groundbreaking results.
- Exposure to a wide range of cutting-edge technologies
- Hybrid work environment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Software development: 3 years (preferred)