An established engineering and management company is looking for a local, experienced Structural Engineer to provide Design Structural Engineering services to the US Coast Guard Civil Engineering Unit, located in Juneau, Alaska, in support of projects throughout the 17th Coast Guard District area of responsibility.
Most design and construction work are related to shore-side maintenance of existing facilities. This includes, but is not limited to, utilities, roads, piers/docks, hangars, housing complexes, offices, galleys, gyms, small clinics and tower structures.
- Structural Engineer shall have a mastery of Structural Engineering concepts, principles, and practices.
- Experience in National Building Codes (IBC, IRC & associated reference codes) and Structural Engineering sub-disciplines (including structural elements and foundations for waterfront facilities, shore-side buildings, towers, and utility support structures, etc.) is required.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of work experience in the structural engineering field.
- Perform independent technical reviews, project scope development, field investigation, planning, specifications, drawings, cost estimating, problem and conflict resolution, scheduling and design production, and facility condition assessments.
- Provide structural engineering troubleshooting and consultations, providing technical and project advice and guidance to CEU Juneau Project Managers.
- Conduct comprehensive technical reviews of professional studies, reports and analysis.
- Collaborate with managers, other engineers/architects, construction project managers, legal staff, contract specialists and contractor personnel, and provides advice and insight on the resolution of unique and complex mechanical engineering problems and disputes.
- Provide technical reviews and review comments for project designs, including Design-Build and Design-Bid-Build efforts.
- Provide technical responses for Architect-Engineer (A/E) and contractor requests for information and coordinates with CEU Juneau Project Managers in developing Scopes of Work for required contract modifications.
- Provide facility condition assessments and evaluations throughout the 17th Coast Guard District.
- Occasional travel (with potential for overnight) required to operational & construction sites.
The work is primarily sedentary and is performed in a normal office environment. Some overnight travel may be required and the contractor may be exposed to risks associated with field work which may include moderate stress such as being exposed to adverse weather, riding in small aircraft, climbing ladders, crawling under buildings, etc.
This position will require access to federal work space, or facility, sensitive information, information technology system, staff or other assets of the Federal Government; and require a Common Access Card (CAC) for routine physical and logical access to a CG facility or information system. This position will require the following be completed:
- Identity verification process via the I-9
- FBI fingerprint check
- Background investigation within the past 2 years
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter to dannie @ bce-ak.com
BCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $60,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Using National Building Codes: 5 years (Required)
- Structural Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Juneau, AK 99801 (Required)
- Alaska Drivers (Preferred)
- Do you currently reside in Juneau, Alaska?
- Only full-time employees eligible