COMPUTER ENGINEER - Manufacturing
Contact: Recruiting Solutions, LLC
Kate Eddy 601-672-0921
Computer Engineer responsible for developing and supporting in-house product designs, machine programming, and technical support of manufacturing operations.
- Develop, fabricate and code electronic and electromechanical tooling and test fixtures utilizing microcontrollers, user interfaces, signal conditioning and other methods, focusing on safety, quality, and HMI/HCI human factors.
- Develop and integrate custom printed circuit boards into project designs.
- Write specification documents, work instructions, test plans and reports.
- Develop and maintain database and spreadsheet tools using Visual Basic and SQL.
- Develop end-user programs for advanced capital equipment (AOI, Selective Solder, Conformal Coater, SMT etc.).
- Develop and document designs using C, Python, LabVIEW, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Adobe Suite and other engineering tools.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing operations.
- Work with engineers, technicians, operators and other operations personnel.
Must have one of the following:
- BS or MS degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum three years of experience in a related field.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Python.
- Experience with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and SQL databases.
- Understanding of Human Machine Interface (HMI) and Human Computer Interface (HCI) concepts.
- Proficiency with National Instruments LabVIEW is desired.
- Analog circuit design including control, signal conditioning, filters, and ADC/DAC circuits.
- Digital circuit design including microcontroller interface to logic and memory.
- PCB schematic and layout tools.
- Analytical metrology (DVM, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer etc.).
- Metal and plastic fabrication (milling, drilling, cutting, joining) experience is desired.
- Experience programming CNC-based and SMT automated production tools is desired.
Excellent analytical, problem-solving, teamwork and communication skills are required.
Job Type: Full-time
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply