The manufacturing Customer Service Representative, will provides customer service support to the organization by obtaining, analyzing and verifying the accuracy of order information in a timely manner. Initiates and/or implements corrective action as needed in order to ensure that an excellent standard of service and a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained. Prepares customer service summary reports. Co-ordinates the handling of difficult and/or unusual situations.
- Ensures and provides quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Receives inquiries from and/or contacts the organization’s branch/regional offices to resolve a variety of order-related issues.
- Accesses the company’s internal systems to obtain and extract order information and provide customer service management with the data for inclusion in various scheduled and special reports
- Performs assigned system maintenance to various electronic order files.
- Participates and provides expertise as a member of the sales departmental team. The team's objectives are to develop and recommend changes to existing methods and systems to increase the accuracy, efficiency and responsiveness of the sales department.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of standards, policies and procedures regarding customer service
- Regularly provides feedback on the soundness and effectiveness of the customer service department’s policies and procedures.
- Facilitates the collection of competitive information in order to monitor business trends and opportunities.
- Adheres to all corporate policies, guidelines and statutory requirements and recommends to senior management adoption and/or changes to policies and guidelines to reflect circumstances within the customer service area.
- Works with the organization’s other facilities to resolve problems, facilitate solutions and enhance customer service offerings.
- Prepares, generates and distributes daily reports and order acknowledgements to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for notifying administration of any required updates of customer records on the organization’s internal database.
- Provides back-up support to other group members in the performance of job duties as required.
- Answers customer inquiries/communications as required.
- Conducts follow up phone calls to survey respondents who have concerns or questions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two years post-secondary education in a business-related field or equivalent
- Two or more years’ experience in customer service, sales or related administrative or technical functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in the use of standard office software programs and equipment
MTI (www.slmti.com) is a wholly-owned operating company within the Steel Partners. MTI is a manufacturer and developer of precision, high performance electric motors, drives, and controllers in addition to precision winding components. MTI serves the aerospace, military, commercial, and industrial markets with extensive custom motion control components design and manufacturing capability. Current products include a broad range of brushless and brush DC motors, induction motors, limited angle torque motors, sensored and sensorless drives, engineered motion control and automation products, precision windings, and precision gears and gearboxes.
MTI is committed to promoting a collaborative team environment that focuses on accountability, honesty, and integrity to ensure customer satisfaction. We take pride in the work we perform and are committed to continuous improvement. In addition to offering a competitive benefits package, we strive to provide our employees with opportunities to achieve career advancement including those listed below:
- MTI has a job posting program which promotes job enrichment and advancement within the company.
- MTI offers tuition reimbursement to employees for career development and job enrichment
- MTI training courses cover a variety of subjects related to safety, quality, soldering, ESD, continuous improvement, teamwork, and customer focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Communication method(s) used: