Onbehalf of our client, a premier international building design firm, we arerecruiting a Façade Engineer for their New York office.
The Façade Engineer isresponsible for the detailing of façades and running relevant analyses,materials and systems research, and coordinating project work with the team.Must be conscientious and creative, detail-oriented and professional withattentiveness to client communications.
Our client providesengineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide onprojects of every size and level of complexity. They are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10 practices: StructuralEngineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Property Loss Consulting,Construction Engineering, Protective Design and Security, Facade Engineering,Sustainability and Transportation. They work on everything from landmarkbuildings to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the highperforming, while balancing multiple objectives, including form, function,schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget.
· Analyzes façade performance with specializedsoftware (i.e. loading, thermal analysis, condensation risk, geometry).
· Researches materials and systems to determinespecific project suitability.
· Interprets building codes andproject/design/construction specifications.
· Prepares façade detailing in 2D and 3D format forclient communication.
· Assists in construction administration, respondingto RFIs and organizes submittal logs.
· Attends construction meetings, performs siteinspections, and prepares field reports for client.
· Interacts with team members and clients regardingproject information.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture.Master’s degree preferred.
· Must have façade experience for large-scaleprojects.
· Experience: a minimum of 2 years of relevantexperience. An advanced degree can be considered as a part of the candidate’srelevant experience.
· Strong analytical and communication skills.
· Competitive Salary
· Benefits Include; Medical/Vision, 401K, LifeInsurance, Disability insurance (STD/LTD), vacation and paid holidays
Job Type: Full-time