Function as a key technical resource with responsibility for cost estimates, manufacturing methods, process sheets, material requisitions, tooling requisitions, CNC programs, set-up, run, in-process inspection sheets, and continuous improvement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the position):
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. For the assigned area and products:
- Prepare cost estimates for RFQ’s as directed.
- Maintain manufacturing methods, prepare process sheets, specify material requirements, identify tooling requirements and order tooling as needed, and create CNC programs for assigned jobs. If time estimates on process sheets differ from cost estimates used for RFQ by more than 25% investigate reasons and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Prepare in-process inspection sheets for assigned jobs based on customer provided inspection criteria, if available, and considering critical performance characteristics of the part.
- Take ownership of a project from start to finish, including assisting Machinists with set-up and running assigned jobs as needed, and checking status on the shop floor (machining, finishing, weld/assembly, and laser marking) on a daily basis to ensure parts are acceptable dimensionally and cosmetically.
- Coordinate with Scheduler as needed to identify alternative processing methods to facilitate schedule attainment while meeting quality expectations.
- Where actual time on a job exceeds time estimates on process sheets by more than 25%, investigates reasons and takes appropriate corrective actions.
- Provide continuous improvement to reduce/eliminate waste through workplace organization, simplifying/standardizing set-ups, standardizing programs, etc...
- Participate and support quality assurance initiatives, including ISO registration and Quality Statement.
- Provide leadership in shop safety.
- Provide training on set-up and machine operation to Machinists to further their development as appropriate.
- Through continuing education, develop/upgrade skills and keep abreast of technical advancements germane to the Company’s best interests.
- Perform other activities as directed.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS (not necessary but preferred):
- 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Ability to read and understand blueprints including GD&T
- Master Cam experience
- Epicore experience
- CAD Programming experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to a standard level.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk and use business equipment daily such as P.C., copier, fax, telephone, etc.; occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 40 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $33.00 /hour
- CNC Milling Machine: 5 years (Required)
- MasterCam CAD: 2 years (Preferred)
- CNC Programming: 2 years (Preferred)
- Orthopedic Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply