Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES FAB 9 is seeking a mid-level semiconductor process engineer. The individual selected for this position will be part of the Manufacturing Engineering organization with primary responsibilities focused on support and continuous improvement of 200mm semiconductor manufacturing processes. Selected individual will work with a dynamic team of world-class technical professionals at the GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 9 in Essex Jct., Vermont, USA.
- Establish and manage the equipment/process quality control plan.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in support of throughput improvement, cost reduction, and yield learning.
- Define and maintain equipment installation process qualification roadmaps - Drive process qualifications, implement process control plan with the area equipment engineers, including qualification, start up and volume ramp of process equipment.
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments to screen and optimize manufacturing processes to meet technology (performance, yield, and reliability) and manufacturing (process stability, cost of ownership) targets.
- Must be technically inclined and able to lead hands on, tactical troubleshooting efforts to resolve long term performance issues; must be able to deconstruct and understand complex systems
- Collaborate with GLOBALFOUNDRIES integration, equipment and quality engineering to support development of improved next generation technologies. .
- Ability to marry both the equipment and process sides of issues, focusing on delivering the right results on product.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant discipline. (or Associates degree + Equivalent experience)
3+ Years of Relevant Manufacturing Engineering Experience
Fluent in English (Written & Verbal)
10% travel may be required.
Demonstrated ability to work well within a global matrixed team or environment
Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to be agile with shifting priorities to meet business needs
Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and self-starter
4+ years experience and depth in the photolithography/Etch process discipline
4+ years experience and depth in FEOL photolithography and/or integration
Experience in new photoresist qualification and development
Experience in DRC, OPC, or Mask Technology
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.