Perform process sustaining for the manufacturing line on variety of mechanical, chemical and electrical processes, tasks including disposition of non-conformance materials that come from the manufacturing line, response to out-of-control process, work on yield improvement projects, and qualify new equipment and process that being introduced into the manufacturing line. Provide engineering solutions and robust processes ensuring high quality and high performance structural castings that are critical to our advanced body structure and key components to our vehicles’ superior crash and handling performance. Lead 5S and Lean manufacturing activities, and support production in various areas such as material handling improvements, production line configuration, and safety procedures. Manage workload with a positive attitude as a team player in a collaborative work environment.
In addition, the process sustaining engineer also perform process characterization, establish process control for all critical process parameters by real time SPC, support with process development, drive to improve process robustness to improve yield and reduce cost.
- Establish real time SPC for all critical process parameters and drive Cpk >1.33
- Responsible for yield improvement of the production line
- Ensure that all non-conformance materials which produced by manufacturing lines are disposition real time
- Maintain and help develop up-to-date process qualification to ensure the process baseline is available to production
- Work with Manufacturing/Process Engineering and Production to ensure manufacturing instructions and standard works are always accurate and representative of the actual processes on the floor.
- Manage process sustaining technicians to support Day to day coverage of production line process, including rapid response on out-of-control processes to minimize cost and maximize productivity.
- Lead Lean Manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
- Assist in the training of operators as needed.
- BS/MS Degree on Chemical/Material/Electrical/Industrial/Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Ability to manage technicians from multiple disciplines/levels.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment
- Experience in electronic/mechanical assembly desired.
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Skilled with common workplace software (MS Word, Excel, Power point, Visio, Access, JUMP, etc).
- Knowledge of process development, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Design of Experiments (DOE), & FMEA fundamentals are required.
- Experience in engineering or manufacturing division associated with casting preferred.
- Intelligent Risk taking, Integrated thinking, strong leadership, strong problem solving, and technical communication skills a MUST.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program