Compass Minerals is a leading provider of essential minerals that solve nature's challenges, including salt for winter roadway safety and other consumer, industrial and agricultural uses, and specialty plant nutrition minerals that improve the quality and yield of crops. The company produces its minerals at locations throughout the U.S., Canada, Brazil and the U.K. Though the company’s history stretches back as far as 1844, Compass Minerals became a public company in December 2003. The company is part of the S&P MidCap 400 Index, the Russell 1000 Index and Named one of Forbes’ 100 Most Trustworthy Companies in America in 2015 and 2016, Compass Minerals’ mission is to be the best essential minerals company by delivering safely where and when it matters.
Compass Minerals is committed to creating a workplace that respects and values the diversity of the people and communities around us and where employees can thrive and deliver high-performing, sustainable organizational success. Our focus on diversity and inclusion is grounded in our company’s Core Values and is explicitly demonstrated in our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining diverse employees with the necessary skills to shape an inclusive organization. We especially strive to hire, retain and promote employees with a diversity of attributes, backgrounds, experiences and skills, who think differently, have varying perspectives and can bring forward unique ideas and points of view.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for developing, implementing, and supporting complex enterprise applications that sustain and modernize our business operation. This is an opportunity for a skilled individual to step up and be a team leader in building our application integration infrastructure.
Working individually or on a team, this individual will perform software development, software quality assurance, and application integration functions by applying the principles and best practices of software engineering and mathematical analysis.
Typical duties of the position include analyzing, designing, and developing software systems with their specifications and performance requirements; and transferring knowledge to peers and other IT teams.
Whether you are skilled on the technology we use or not, this role offers plenty of opportunities for learning and career growth in a fun work environment. You will be challenged with integrating complex business systems using modern technology like integration platforms, APIs, and mobile devices; you will work with and learn from skilled team members while having opportunities to coach and transfer knowledge to other peers; and, where necessary, you will be provided with training opportunities. Are you ready for the challenge?
- Provide full life cycle support for code changes in the production environment, and develop new extensions to existing platform according to the principles and techniques of software engineering and based on functional specifications and technical designs developed by themselves or by more experienced engineers.
- Design, develop, and implement interfaces between multiple applications, databases, and middleware systems and a core ERP system; and collaborate with other engineers to integrate hardware and software according to specifications and performance requirements.
- Conduct tests to diagnose and address application issues, and ensure applications conform to fundamental application standards and meet the requirements of the end user.
- Create and update technical documents relating to application architecture, design steps, integration processes and testing procedures for each product developed. This documentation would also cover the installation and maintenance of application software as well as guidelines and standards to follow.
- Lead software design reviews, and provide input on functional requirements and technical designs.
- Document software and application defects in the bug tracking system, and report defects to other IT teams and business stakeholders.
- Show ethical and professional conduct at all times, and comply with the Company Code of Ethics and the Individual Characteristics of High Performance.
- Evaluate and recommend emerging trends, principles and best practices, and tools and techniques affecting the software industry and our business operation.
- Your supervisor might assign other duties subject to business needs in addition to the responsibilities listed above.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering is required
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, information system management, industrial technology, mathematics, or a related field with equivalent experience is acceptable
- Minimum of 5 years of experience designing, developing, and integrating complex enterprise applications such as ERP’s, CRM’s, and other key business systems.
- Experience with one or more of the following systems is preferred:
- Oracle: JD Edwards 9.1 or higher, VCP/ASCP, APCC, Demantra, or OTM
- Experience with Oracle SOA, Oracle BPEL, Oracle JDE BSSV, or Oracle JDE AIS/Orchestrator is preferred. Ability with other integration platforms will also be considered.
- Proficiency developing and testing applications in Java, C, C++ is preferred.
- Understanding of the design principles and best practices for implementing SOA-based applications.
- Proficiency developing and consuming SOAP and RESTful Web Services.
- Familiarity with testing, documenting, and deploying Web Services.
- Understanding of the XML language and JSON format.
- Familiarity developing, testing, and deploying web and mobile applications is a plus.
- Knowledge in the manufacturing and/or mining industries is preferred.
Compass Minerals is an equal opportunity employer that hires and promotes the best candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, or veteran status.
If interested and qualified, please apply online at www.CompassMinerals.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Oracle: 5 years (Preferred)
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)