IIoT Systems Developer/Engineer
Location: South Eastern US
The BID Group of Companies is a North American leader in the design, manufacture and support of World Class equipment, services and turnkey solutions for the solid wood processing industry. BID Group serves primarily the North American market and offers the most comprehensive range of products available, producing everything from mechanical equipment and PLCs to optimization systems equipped with digital machine vision technology. The company integrates its products & technology to deliver fully automated production lines. BID Group has over 1500 employees working in our many divisions located around North America.
The Industrial IoT Systems Developer is a highly self-motivated professional working on the BID Group OPER8 team. As a key technical member of the team, your primary role will be to develop and deploy data solutions using our technology stack. You will be expected to learn and become skilled with various key technologies used on the plant floor, on the edge, and in the cloud. The successful candidate must be technically inclined and committed to delivering robust solutions that will ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty. He or she will work with various industrial and non-industrial systems to generate production, asset and quality health solutions. The ability to travel to customer’s sites and form a close working relationship with team members, engineering and project management departments is a must in this role. We empower our people to do their very best, and we strive to create a flexible and fun working environment that will encourage innovation and job satisfaction.
The OPER8 offering is complex data-gathering platform that is integrated into our BID Group products and connects to the controls system devices and optimization databases enabling raw or massaged data to be directed to the cloud for further analytics. Ultimately, KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) and custom predictive algorithms are developed on a site by site basis to assist the end users in driving efficiency, reliability and uptime in their operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, deploy and QA data solutions: hardware/software installation, PLC programming, data engineering, data model and IoT solution development, dashboard configuration, etc…
- Work closely with customer reliability engineers, data analysts, electrical/automation groups, and management.
- Prepare design and project documentation for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Contribute to the product development team by staying up to date on disruptive, breakthrough technology and processes that will help transform the Forest Industry.
- Travel within North America when required (up to 30%)
- Interact professionally with clients
- Ensure customer satisfaction and foster loyalty to the BID Group.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: electrical engineering, software engineering, computer science or related fields, or 4+ years of relevant work experience. Other engineering disciplines would be considered.
- Experience configuring or programming in IoT Edge or Cloud environments (ThingWorx, Azure, AWS) is an asset.
- Basic understanding of computer networks is required.
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley ControlLogix and SCADA systems are beneficial, but training is provided as required.
- Be methodical, pay superior attention to detail, and possess excellent communication skills.
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies and processes at high speed, often under pressure.
- Superior problem-solving abilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- IoT solution development: 1 year (Required)
- Alan Bradley PLC Programming: 1 year (Required)
- South Carolina (Required)