THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers' lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Our engineering team creates software to manage the forecasting, purchasing, preparation, and shipment of new fresh ingredients every week, delivering over 8 million meals nationwide monthly. The nature of our business carries with it unique supply chain and logistical challenges that require purpose-built solutions and data analysis. The Quality Engineering team is an integral part of engineering, and works with highly skilled software engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders, all of whom are passionate about quality and aim to deliver added value solutions to complex supply chain and customer challenges. Each week we send hundreds of thousands of customers all the pre-measured and perfectly proportioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious and healthy meals at home. Join us in our mission to deliver quality cooking experiences to our customers by helping us build a test platform that will make our engineering even more reliable.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
As a Quality Engineer you will:
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to understand current and future system functionality. Our quality engineers are subject matter experts and seek to continuously learn about systems, users, and business application
- Develop rich test ideas, scenarios and experiments that yield an in-depth coverage of systems under test (well above and beyond positive, negative and edge cases)
- Actively research new testing techniques, methodologies and tools, share them with the team and apply them when there's a potential for improvement
- Work with high-level specs, in a fast-paced environment and think critically to provide the best test coverage within the constraints at hand
- Work on applications built on: Ruby on Rails, React, Ember, PostgreSQL, RSpec, SASS
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to join our team with the following qualifications:
- 2+ years software testing experience, preferably in an agile environment
- Experience defining and documenting testing scope for individual projects
- Skilled in current test techniques, able to choose a test design approach based on each project's context.
- Experience logging and tracking defects in JIRA (or equivalent bug tracking system)
- Comfortable using the command line, GitHub (or equivalent version control system), and working in a CI/CD pipeline a plus
- Experience working in a microservices environments and continuous integration development on Github, AWS, Jenkins, Kubernetes a plus
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.