NHK is regarded as one of the world's leading spring and seating manufacturers. With nearly a century of technical experience in spring & seat design, NHK International offers automakers a unique brand of engineering and manufacturing expertise. We are expanding globally, continually developing new business areas and exploring leading-edge technologies. The NHK goal is to be creative and challenge-driven company that offers new concepts to our customers, as we challenge the world of possibility.
Please feel free to visit the website below for more information on NHK:
http://www.nhkspg.co.jp/index_e.html or check us out on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/company/nhk-international-corporation/
Under direct supervision, the Product Engineer I manages aspects of product design for assigned customer programs. Together with engineering management, the Product Engineer I makes certain NHK products meet customer and quality specifications and are delivered on-time and within budget.
· Help design and modify products that meet customer requirements while ensuring company profitability based on material and process selection.
· Serve as a customer contact during all phases of the product program.
· Balance customer expectations with manufacturing plant production capabilities.
· Manage related development activities through validation and launch.
· Serve as engineering liaison with manufacturing and the customer on related issues, problems or improvements.
· Monitor and communicate project deliverables with various internal departments including sales, testing, CAD, analysis and manufacturing.
· Coordinate CAD and testing resources to validate design performance.
· Collaborate with manufacturing to optimize designs for manufacturability. Manage on-time prototype and production build parts delivery with the manufacturing.
· Interact with production to define and solve manufacturing/design issues.
· Work with quality to define problem areas and implement product improvements based on customer defect/rejection concerns.
· Provide recommendations for future improvements.
· Good analytical, project management and time management skills
· Ability to communicate technical information verbally and in writing
· Ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
· Available to travel to customer and plant locations
· Requires a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field of study
· Plus 0-3 years of relevant experience in the automotive supplier industry
· Knowledge of GD&T, DFMEA and other engineering tools
· CATIA or UG NX experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
All employees are required to wear a mask.
- What is your salary expectation?
- Mechanical Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Automotive: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19