ABOUT 1881 Extraction Co.
1881 Extraction Co. is a Organic-based company that prides itself on building a culture of well-being, transparency, and integrity. We are a North Dakota-based manufacturer that extracts and refines plant-based medicines. Everything we do is fully licensed, and 100% legal at the state and federal level. We are looking for scientists, chemists, and chem-techs to join our team and run our Organic Certified GMP facility.
WE ARE HIRING SOMEONE SENIOR WHO CAN START IMMEDIATELY IN HILSBORO, NORTH DAKOTA.
Relocation Assistance available for the right fit.
CHEMICAL ENGINEER POSITION SUMMARY
The Chemical Engineer will implement and maintain processes related to the extraction, purification, distillation and receiving of organic bio-mass and full-spectrum hemp oil, and in some cases molecular isolation. You will be a thought leader, mentor/trainer, and maintain quality control (QC) standards for the production team’s activity.
WE ARE OPEN TO A MID, SENIOR OR VERY SENIOR PERSON FILLING THIS ROLE, so please reach out.
Job Type: Full-time
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To refine extracted plant medicines per developed and standardized procedures.
- To work closely with management team to continually optimize SOP and workflow processes.
- To work closely with the management team to write SOP’s for new equipment and processes that are added
to the production flow.
- To be a leader in creating a culture that promotes a safe and healthy work environment.
- Interface directly with Organic hemp growers and brokers to precure bio-mass.
- Oversee the receiving of Organic Bio-mass and prepping with your team for extraction.
- Oversee and execute production runs through our various production lines (i.e. distillation, isolation, and supporting systems/processes).
- Adhere to and create standardized processes as the company grows.
- Maintain a stringent QC as it relates to data capture, data analysis and the scientific process.
- Manage duties and responsibilities of other chemists/technicians.
- Maintaining training records and train new personnel on necessary procedures.
- Work with extraction, processing and analytical equipment.
- Interface directly with third party testing companies to interpret results, validate testing procedures and analyze data.
- Maintain equipment troubleshooting, upkeep and contribute to planning for future equipment as we expand.
- Preserve workplace safety, know safe materials handling as appropriate for hazardous materials.
- Assist in investigation and disposition decision of non-conforming product and returns.
- There will be both hands-on and managerial responsibilities.JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years professional experience in production labs.
- Botanical extraction experience.
- Experience working with and maintaining a KD6 or KD10 distillation machine a BIG PLUS.
- Organic chemistry or comparable experience a plus.
- Data-centric scientific method and/or lean-manufacturing practices.
- Experience with procedure and report writing.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Advanced bench lab-work skills, process manufacturing, and a fluent understanding of chemical/biological
testing equipment and processes required.
- Demonstrate experience and strong skills in customer-centric interaction with a broad range of worker skill sets (blue collar, white collar, white coats).
- Ability to work in a cooperative, cross-department environment.
- Excellent communication skills and team skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Focuses simultaneously on short- and long-term goals; ability to identify problems quickly.
- Experience with lab testing equipment including HPLC, GCMS, LCMS and related software is a big plus.
- Masters or Higher level degree in Chemical Engineering or Science a big plus.
- Cannabis, hemp or other biological processes is a big plus.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The ability to lift 20-50 pounds as needed.
- The ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
- The ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day.1881 EXTRACT VALUES
Full Spectrum Wellbeing – We envision a workplace and a planet where everyone thrives mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, socially, environmentally and financially.
Integrity – We are committed to improving the lives of everyone we interact with, from the delivery drivers to the customers for whom we create high-quality medicine.
Co-creation – We are co-creators of our collective experience, in this company, in our communities and on the planet.
Collective Evolution – We are building a new and exciting industry. A combination of diligent structure allows for flexibility and creativity to respond to challenges and opportunities as they evolve.
Fostering Growth – We all have unique genius. We work as a team to learn and grow together. We believe in promoting from within and growing together.
Enjoy the Journey – Be nice. Play safe. Have fun.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 and up /year, depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
- professional: 3 years (Preferred)