This position requires travel throughout North America and occasionally Europe. Travel varies based on customer demand. While traveling the duties of this position are to provide field service for high tech sorting systems for the recycling industry, to include:
- Maintenance of our sorting systems
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical systems
- Operator training on our sorting systems
- Quality analysis of customer products
This position requires the employee to report to our Niagara Falls, NY facility on scheduled workdays, unless scheduled to travel. While at the office the duties include:
- Support for our customers over the phone or through remote computer connection
- Maintenance of spare parts stock, packaging, and shipping parts to customers
- Filing of expense reports, service reports or other required paperwork
- Evaluation of potential customers feed material
- Operating demonstration equipment for customers trials
The ideal employee for this position will be required to perform the following task:
- Effectively communicate with the customers both in person and through written communication form such as e-mail and field reports.
- Perform a high degree of electrical troubleshooting, typically our Field Service Engineers have a bachelor’s in electrical engineering but a candidate with comparable experience and a strong understanding of electronics would be considered
- Perform mechanical troubleshooting and adjustments.
- Climb several flights of stairs and lift up to 50 pounds
- Travel without restriction throughout North America and Europe
- Candidates with mechanical drawing experience or project management experience would be a plus.
Only candidates in Western New York or within a reasonable commuting distance of our office will be considered. No relocation available.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Niagara Falls, NY 14305 (Required)