Mechanical design of switch matrices that route multiple radio frequency (RF) signals. Create 3D model layouts of the entire matrix and its components to support design for manufacturability (DFM). Design the custom semi-rigid cables and sheet metal components as well as selection of the hardware required. Create assembly documentation for the integration of the switch matrix. Support integrators and technicians during integration and test.
Essential Job Function:
- Design the layout of switch matrices to support DFM principles and serviceability. This includes the positioning and mechanical attachment of switches, amplifiers, couplers, mixers, control boards, power supplies, and front/rear panel connections. It also includes selection of hardware and fasteners. Use of standard chassis options are encouraged.
- Create 3D CAD models from datasheets and actual RF components if models are not available.
- Create 3D CAD model of the entire switch matrix to facilitate custom part design and assembly documentation.
- Design sheet metal parts to support all internal components and connections. Be familiar with manufacturing processes in the sheet metal industry. Be familiar with existing components available for use.
- Design semi-rigid cables to make connections between components and panel connections. If necessary, design connections between system instruments.
- Work with suppliers to benefit from current manufacturing processes available. Also work to obtain custom components in time to meet the schedule.
- Work with integrators and technicians in support of manufacturability during integration.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience of computer-aided design (CAD): Creo Elements Direct Modeling & Annotation (currently v19), Sheet Metal Module, Semi-Rigid Cable Module, and Model Manager.
- Knowledge and experience in Thermal Analysis and Cooling (including Flo Therm).
- Knowledge and experience of DFM (design for manufacturability) and GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Ability to interpret and create engineering drawings and assembly documentation.
- Ability to read and understand RF block diagrams.
Education and Experience:
- Expert Level: Requires 5+ years of experience, BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Career Level: BS Mechanical Engineering. Typically minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Entry Level. Requires complete understanding of general and technical aspects of job.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $61,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- 3D CAD: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location