PROGRAM MANAGER (HSV-19-1012-F):
Bowhead seeks a Program Manager to join our team in supporting the Telecommunication Division of our Logistics and Marine Division. The Program Manager must possess a global knowledge of installation, operation, and maintenance projects. The Program Manager will provide leadership to Project Managers, Site Supervisors, and support personnel in managing all operational aspects, including program execution, growth, and risks management. The Program Manager must have excellent industry/customer knowledge, a demonstrated record of accomplishment leading capture and growth initiatives, and proven success in proposing and winning opportunities.
They must be responsive, reliable, detail-oriented, and possess a strong motivation to build a productive relationship with internal and external team members. Essential functions to include:
- Developing, implementing, and applying management controls to ensure task and deliverables comply with customer requirements.
- Validating technical and financial reports, analyze metrics, identify areas for improvement, and develop corrective action solutions that meet operational goals.
- Must be able to accommodate fluctuating workload requirements by efficiently managing resources to ensure successful execution within budget and schedule.
- Conducting program meetings, reviews, and coordinate briefings with customers and senior management.
- Participating in strategic planning, including facilitating meetings and creating plan materials. • Will lead business development processes such as identification, qualification, capture, and proposal activities, including defining win strategies, identifying competitive discriminators, technical proposal writing, and basis of estimate activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements • Bachelor’s degree is required at a minimum however a Master’s degree is desired
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED:
- Additionally, qualified candidates must have a minimum of five (5) years of program related experience managing multifunction operations
- Must possess the ability to engineer and design telecommunication cable plant systems
- Must be able to multi-task, manage priorities and work independently with little direction
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts. To receive and respond to instructions/assignments, must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level, however candidates with an active Secret clearance are highly encouraged to apply. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification. Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.