Provide operational management or engineering for a Combatant Command's training network. Configure various network or server hardware, install and maintain virtual environments, including VDI, and sustain LAN/WAN networks. Support requirements development and analysis, technical development, and operational acceptance testing and training employment of complex Joint missile and space defense virtualized training tools, including the Joint Integrated Missile Defense Training System (JIMDTS). Support and maintain VMware Vsphere 5.5, ESXi 5.5, and VMware Horizon View 6.0 and apply knowledge of space and missile defense training in the Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) training, engineering, and testing project environment. Perform network operations and LAN support to meet mission requirements. Leverage knowledge of Joint operational SOPs and technical expertise relevant to computer simulation technologies to test the performance, durability, safety, and functionality of engineering solutions in an LVC environment.
- Experience configuring and maintaining a virtualized computing environment.
- TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree; or AA or AS degree and 3 years of experience with live, virtual, and constructive (LVC) training technology; or 5 years of experience with LVC training technology
- Ability to obtain a Security+ Certification or other certification that complies with DoD Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level I baseline security requirements within six months of start date
- 3+ years of experience with training operations to meet Joint training requirements
- 5+ years of experience with a broad spectrum of Joint military organizations and missions to accurately comprehend Joint operations
- Experience with the development, testing, and operations of space and missile defense training system Tiers 1-4
- Experience with missile and space operations training in a virtualized and LVC environment
- Knowledge of tactical training concepts relevant to the emerging space and missile defense environment
- Knowledge of the following technical applications preferred: SolarWinds Orion, Cisco ASA, VMware vSphere or vRealize Suites, Powershell or PowerCLI, and Windows Server 2008, 2012, or 2016
- Ability to demonstrate commensurate technical expertise relevant to operational management or engineering for DoD Strategic Training Enterprise Network
- BA or BS degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics field preferred
- Current Security+, equivalent, or higher certification meeting Department of Defense IAT Level I baseline security certification requirements.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
#LI-AH1, APC2, CJ1