Join our team!
DSC Dredge, LLC. is looking for new team members ready to work hard with a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment. World-class dredge manufacturing business with immediate full-time openings! Company offers competitive salary based on experience and unmatched benefit package, including health insurance, 401K w/match, and much more.
- Works safely in an industrial environment and around machinery; observes and instructs others in proper equipment use.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations as well as all company policies and procedures; uses/wears all required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for assigned tasks.
- Maintains confidentially of information.
- Travels as required to customer sites to perform modifications and maintenance of electrical equipment as needed. Travel may also be required to other DSC sites for similar work tasks.
- Maintains level of work performance in accordance with DSC's standards and/or production deadline specifications with minimal supervision.
- Meets all project deadlines; complete all assignments in a timely fashion to meet production deadlines.
- Actively engages in design process providing critical insight and direction to the Engineering/Automation team through concept to dredge completion.
- Orders, fabricates, assembles and installs electrical parts and tags for all equipment used in the dredging industry; inspects completed work for conformance with specifications.
- Inspects, isolates, troubleshoots/diagnoses and repairs electrical malfunctions using various test instruments.
- Installs, repairs and tests new equipment and used electrical parts for safety and efficiency including switch gear, transformers and conduit plumbing.
- Maintains equipment repair records.
- Maintains compliance with applicable building and safety codes/regulations used in the dredging industry.
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs to electrical systems of all departmental machinery and electrical distribution systems installations (including 24-12K volts).
- Maintains log of work progress on assigned projects.
- Collaborates with DSC Engineers and/or external contractors to plan and implement installation of new equipment or systems.
- Comprehends and implements detailed written and oral instructions; demonstrates proper judgment and decision-making skills.
- Completes all work assignments in a timely fashion with minimum supervision.
- Assists with ordering required parts for electrical maintenance.
- Oversees the Electrical Department at the Reserve work location, managing all aspects of employee relations as it relates to this team (i.e., hiring, performance management, time off requests, training, etc.).
- Oversees and assures that quality standards are met for all components throughout dredge assembly. Initiates internal quality tests and runs all components before final testing. Provides assistance to Engineering and Quality Assurance teams during final testing.
- Operates all dredge-related machinery (i.e., cranes, etc.). Perform all other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Work overtime and/or weekends when necessary.
- Travel may be required to customer sites to perform modifications and maintenance of equipment as needed.
- Valid driver’s license required when operating a company vehicle
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks or positions in the Company outside of or in addition to primarily-assigned position, work area, or department on an as needed basis.
- Must own a complete set of electrical tools (up to an including ½” drive), including hand and pneumatic tools, electrical testing instruments to be used on large and small construction equipment.
- Knowledge of applicable local, state and federal building and safety codes/regulations pertaining to the electrical trade and used in the dredging industry.
- Knowledge of electrical testing instruments.
- Knowledge of first class electrical procedures for the dredging construction industry including electrical theory and methods, materials, tools, equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of rigging and handling electrical equipment with cranes and forklifts.
- Job related knowledge of dredge, dredge equipment and dredge construction; especially technical materials such as codes and regulations, installation, maintenance/service manuals, flowcharts, tables and graphs.
- Ability to read, understand and complete work projects from electrical schematics, drawings, design specifications and manufacturer instructions to repair, install and test hydraulic machinery used in the dredging industry.
- Trained in Lock/Out Tag Out Procedures, Fall Arrest, Confined Space and Ladder Safety (on-the-job training if necessary).
- Knowledge of dredge, dredge equipment and dredge construction.
- Must be able to successfully pass all pre-employment testing (drug test, physical, audiogram, pulmonary function test, respiratory fit test) in addition to random drug and alcohol testing.
DSC Dredge, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This technologically driven company takes pride in being the world's leader in customized dredging solutions.
Learn more about DSC by visiting our website: www.dscdredge.com
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our team as safe as possible, DSC Dredge, LLC is currently not accepting in-person applications. Prior to being invited to interview in-person, a complete copy of our pandemic policy will be provided for review.
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible