Position Purpose: R&D leader that design new products and evaluates current products in protective packaging for paper-based packaging solutions, tree-free fiber papers, and adhesive tape backing substrates.
- Research and develop changes to existing products to comply with sustainability and circular economy trends such as tree-free fibers and recycled content papers.
- Research new product concepts in protective packaging for parcel shipments.
- Manage R&D projects from ideation to commercialization.
- Design product formulations for performance and cost savings.
- Work in cross-functional project teams as a materials expert.
- Develop trial plans and test plans for paper materials.
- Work with paper suppliers to design papers with the properties necessary for the product application.
- Create documents for test reports, product specs, formulations, Critical-to-Quality items, Engineering Change Notifications, costing information, etc.
- Attend R&D trials
- Related tasks as requested by the supervisor.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Paper Science, Mechanical Engineering, Packaging Engineering, Material Science, or the like
- 1-5 years of industry experience including internships, including experience in the corrugated industry and expertise in paper materials and design
- Experience in design for manufacturability using paper materials
- Familiarity with paper web handling processes
- Familiarity with paper adhesive application processes
- Familiarity with paper coating materials and processes
- Familiarity with paper printing techniques
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Required to travel up to 25%
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, teamwork skills, organizational skills, and time management skills
- Experience with product design and circular economy concepts
- Ability to effectively design and run a scientific experiment, including experience with ISTA test procedures and project management
- Experience with material properties characterization techniques and interpretation'
'Work Location: * One locationWork Remotely
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Paper Science: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location