SME is seeking a Fabrication Consultant Specialist for a regular, full-time position in any of our locations for our Steel|Coatings|NDT Services group. We have multiple offices and would offer flexibility to location choice.
- This role will involve working in tandem with the MDOT project team to consult on technical contract requirements.
- Working with concrete and steel staff who cover projects ranging from bridges to DOT and county/city projects in fabrication shops.
- Learn MDOT processes for assessing and responding to fabrication related question.
- Fabrication shop experience in precast concrete and/or heavy steel.
- Bachelors degree
- Applicable experience in, but not limited to: quality control, quality assurance, non-destructive testing, engineering design.
- Beneficial certifications include:
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI)
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- American Society of Nondestructive Testing (ASNT)
- Society for Protective Coatings (SSPC)
- National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE)
- A good driving record.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- 10 years of related experience
- Team Member must have good organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter and able to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Identify and solve problems, and work well in a team environment.
- Exemplify safe work practices and follow the company's compliance standards.
- Punctual and hard worker.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to train and motivate staff.
SME is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran/military status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. SME is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location