Implements plant capital projects as directed including establishment of project scope, development of Appropriation Request, procurement of materials and project management. Works with management in formulation of capital program.
Monitors routine operations of chemical processing units (such as cooling towers and boilers) to assure compliance with established operating procedures. If anomalies are detected, respond as necessary to provide guidance in correction of the problems. Observes plant areas for opportunities for improvement through technical, analytical tools and prepare technical reports including recommendations for modifications. Participates in problem solving and/or goal setting activities of departments as circumstances warrant, providing assistance and expertise to resolve technical issues. Maintains assigned portion of Engineering Office and related information retrieval systems data, vendor files, plant drawings, and the like. Assures that plant engineering services and facilities are available to works personnel and outside consultants, engineers and other personnel. Acts as plant coordinator of process safety management program including HAZ-OPS, Management of Change (MOC), and the like.
- Participate in implementing production/processing methods and controls to meet quality & production standards in a safe and cost efficient manner 5%
- Participate in implementing standards for measuring and reporting operational reliability as a reflection of operational function effectiveness 10%
- Prepares process engineering designs, calculations, and reports for various projects around the company 35%
- Participates in facility shutdowns to assist with inspections and provide a resource when trouble-shooting problems 10%
- Participate in the site P&ID program 10%
- Participate on various special project teams and audits to ensure compliance with internal and external rules and regulations 10%
- Process Engineering resource for the company to assure the utilization of Good Engineering Practices and proper materials of construction 5%
- Supports cooling tower and boiler operations 5%
- Attends personal development training 10%
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering degree from an accredited university and 1-3 years of experience in process engineering and design in an industrial environment
- Proficiency in Process design, analysis, troubleshooting, and optimization
- Strong knowledge of OSHA PSM to guide and initiate/monitor/audit site safety in a chemical process environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee health and safety.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Implements systems to comply with OSHA PSM to guide and initiate/monitor/audit site safety.
- effective communication and investigative skills
- Ability to travel 5% of the time mostly in the United States, but could include Canada
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
With over 1.6B in Sales, we pride ourselves on our 4 core strategies of Strategic Growth, Operational Excellence, Financial Prudence and our Diverse Business Model, all while maintaining quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care®.
Impact, Growth, and Diversity
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. As a company that has grown and continues to grow by acquisition, we offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities to make a real impact. Our vision to be a Great Chemical Company is supported through our EPIC values (Excellence in Operations, People First, Integrity and Customers) and our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees, and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction between employees within and throughout our 70+ locations. We expect all employees to treat each other with dignity and respect. Safety is at the core of our culture and something that we never compromise on.
At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. We offer an exciting rewards program CHEers! for employee recognition, referrals and milestones. In addition we offer learning and development opportunities through our Chemtrade University.