Particle Measuring Systems is a global leader for micro-contamination monitoring equipment improving the performance of clean manufactures in the semiconductor and pharmaceutical markets. We’re a growing technology company in Boulder, Colorado; the heart of the Rocky Mountains. We offer an exceptional and rewarding work environment in a great place to live. Our employees enjoy challenging projects in development and manufacture of light scattering particle counters and diverse technologies and applications.
We offer competitive salary and benefit programs including:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance, short- and long-term disability programs (company paid)
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending program
- Paid time off
- Non-smoking campus
- Onsite clinic for employees to emphasize health and well-being in the workplace
We are seeking a talented Sustaining Engineering Manager who will be responsible for leading a team of cross-functional engineers in the post-launch support of complex contamination monitoring instruments and systems. This is a “working manager role” where you will oversee a team of engineers, in addition to providing hands-on design development. Efforts managed will include product feature enhancements, reliability improvements, part obsolescence, cost reductions, and Manufacturing/Serviceability improvements. The Sustaining Engineering Manager will direct the daily operations of engineers through assignment of tasks and projects, and lead the sustaining team in all aspects of design development.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Functional leadership of the sustaining engineering team. Responsibilities include sustaining engineering support for the company portfolio of contamination monitoring instruments comprising electromechanical systems controlled by embedded firmware.
- Recruits, onboards, and coaches/mentors engineers. Employs performance management by providing candid & timely feedback, and establishing individual development plans for personal growth and succession planning.
- Owns the sustaining development processes, ensuring optimization for timely completion while achieving quality and customer satisfaction. Continually improves processes by employing lessons-learned and industry best practices.
- Evaluates and recommends standards, tools, and technologies to ensure the highest quality engineering development. Coordinates the initiation and implementation of product changes.
- Monitors all sustaining development initiatives for progress on schedule, budget and technical output. Holds engineers accountable to project commitments. Develops and tracks detailed budgets in accordance with business objectives.
- Interfaces with Marketing, Manufacturing, and Service to identify necessary product changes to maintain competitiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Develops and tracks schedules by identifying critical path(s) and major risks. Proactively identifies/manages risks and employs mitigation strategies associated with sustaining engineering development.
- Establishes and monitors sustaining development metrics, proactively determining root-cause and taking action when KPIs/KPMs appear to deviate from norm.
- Fosters teamwork among the sustaining development function and project teams; strives to maintain an environment of collaboration, openness and trust.
- Provides timely execution on tasks and deliverables. Develops a personal sense of urgency when key deliverables are jeopardized. Facilitates problem solving and meetings on assigned tasks as required to address obstacles.
- BS in Engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Software) required. MS in Engineering preferred.
- 10 plus years of successful design experience in a highly technical product development environment involving mechanical, electrical, and firmware/software disciplines, with an emphasis on post-launch support activities.
- 5 plus years of direct-report functional management experience leading a cross-functional technical team of engineers.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manager across multiple projects.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical CAD, analytical and simulation tools, and software coding. Expert in the change control process and CAPA.
- Proficiency in MS Project, WBS, DFMEA, lessons-learned, risk management, and root-cause analysis. PMP certification a plus.
- Multiple project experience with Agile and other lean development methodologies a plus.
- Technically savvy; must be able to discuss, understand and make decisions regarding a wide array of multidisciplinary engineering considerations.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills. Outstanding communication and presentation abilities.
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- designing in a highly technical product development: 10 years (Required)
- direct-report functional management: 5 years (Required)
- post-launch support activities: 10 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement