SME is seeking a Staff Engineer with pavement-related project experience for a regular, full-time position with our Pavement Services group in our Lansing, Michigan office.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Assist with pavement evaluations including:
- Project set-up and initial project visits;
- Staking test hole locations;
- Collecting GPS coordinates;
- Field work including pavement and soil evaluations and muck probes;
- Lab work including visual pavement classification, visual soil classification, and gradation analysis if soils and aggregates; and,
- Preparation of test hole location table, test hole location plan, soil boring data plan and other data for engineering reports.
Requirements for this position include:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a construction related field;
- MDOT aggregate, concrete, and/or bituminous certification(s) preferred;
- Excellent communication, report writing and customer relations skills;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new challenges and learn new concepts;
- A willingness to work hard in an efficient and organized manner;
- A clean driving record and experience driving in the U.S.;
- The ability to lift 50+ pounds, stand for long periods of time, work from heights and tight spaces, and work in inclement weather;
- Willingness to travel to cover out-of-town overnight projects; and
- Ability to work overtime, including weekends, on an as needed basis.
SME offers excellent opportunities for professional development, growth, leadership, and ownership in a flexible, fast-paced working environment. Our robust benefits package for regular, full-time team members includes: Medical/Prescription coverage with no premiums required; dental/optical, life, disability and long-term care insurance coverage; matching 401(k); Profit Sharing; tuition reimbursement (up to $5000 per calendar year); and generous bonus and paid time off programs. SME is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran/military status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. SME is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
For immediate consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement