Job Summary: Diagnose and trouble shoot electrical power and computer control systems for woodworking machinery and/or material handling equipment, by applying electrical engineering principles to provide reliable and timely solutions to customers machines through phone and internet connection.
Essential Duties and Qualifications:
- Works closely with the Sales, Customer Service & Technical Service Departments to solve operational issues, provide effective operator interface and controls solutions, develop retrofit solutions and provide technical product support.
- Works closely with Mechanical Engineering on machine controls to provide an integrated product.
- Interface with customers, suppliers and field service personnel during all project phases.
- Must have experience with motion control systems, PLC programming (RSLogix,ControlLogix), operator interfaces (Allen-Bradley Panelbuilder, RSStudio).
- Must have working knowledge of PC hardware and operating systems.
- Must have ability to debug software programming and troubleshoot electrical circuits.
- Must be able to take over existing designs, gain full understanding, troubleshoot, correct problems and make improvements.
- Experience in PC programming languages (Visual Basic [VB], Access DB) and motion control programming languages (RS Logix family) also (Delta Tau, GML) is a plus, but not required.
- 3-4 years of experience in the field with a 4-year degree in electrical engineering or electrical engineering technology.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in electro-mechanical products under CNC control is required (Allen-Bradley/Rockwell).
- Experience with 2D AutoCAD (schematic creation) and AutoCAD Electrical experience preferred.
- Willingness to travel a minimum of 25% of the time (domestic & international).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible