At the forefront of a new space age, Lockheed Martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our standout skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support and focus and if you have the passion and work ethic to excel we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a commitment to success, proven interpersonal skills, a positive outlook? Are you a creative thinker and problem solver? Are you looking for an important career?
Be a part of state-of-the-art analysis for space & missile systems at Lockheed Martin Space. Work on significant analyses involving structures, materials and strategic missile defense and space flight systems.
As a Sr. Aeronautical Engineer with the Central Aerodynamics, Fluids and Performance team you will provide technical support/direction to various missile program.
IN THIS DYNAMIC ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Support multiple team’s performance related to the modeling and simulation of hypersonic flight vehicles.
- Work in a small, fast paced team on concept-level vehicle analysis, study of hypersonic aerodynamics as well as detailed design of proposed experimental hardware and test instrumentation.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Sick and bereavement leave
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Physics, Aerospace, Mechanical, Nuclear, or Electrical Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience/combined education
- Experience in modeling, simulation, analysis, or experimentation of high-speed aerodynamics
- Experience in leading or supervising research activities.
- Active Secret clearance therefore U.S. Citizenship is required
- PhD degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace, or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Experience with Pointwise or similar, CBAero, Cart3D, US3D, DPLR, GASP, Fluent, CFD++, TecPlot, Thermal Desktop, and Missile Datcom.
- Experience with moving mesh CFD such as overset methods.
- Expertise using computer programming languages including, but not limited to FORTRAN, C/C++, Matlab, Python.
- Prior experience with testing including wind tunnel and/or flight tests
- Familiarity with vehicle design processes and interaction with other significant systems and subsystems associated with Flight Sciences.
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience with thermal management of launch vehicles, spacecraft, etc.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.