Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We’re currently looking for an Associate Engineer to join us in our San Jose, CA office.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
The Associate Engineer provides engineering support for introduction of new products and alternate repair activities. He/ she functions as Project Coordinator by providing technical information to other project participants, recommending cost effective procedures, tracking and maintaining implementation dates and documenting completed projects. The incumbent works with ES staff to solve technical, facilities and quality problems. He/ she assists with continuous improvement of overall endoscope service business.
In a typical day, you will:
- Function as Project Coordinator, either singly on less complicated projects, or with more experienced Engineers, to implement new product introduction or alternate repair activities.
- Analyze project prior to implementation by benchmarking against completed projects. Plan and organize projects for successful implementation.
- Review needs of each department (e. g., Marketing, Operations, Finance) and incorporate them into project documents.
- Develop Engineering project check sheet to identify start and finish dates and measure progress.
- Provide progress report to Engineering Manager and to other project participants.
- Review & resolve facilities and ergonomic issues related to project implementation, prepare schematics, wiring diagrams, technical manuals, reports documentation and other related materials, for use in facilities and workstation redesign.
- Establish and implement methods for controlling process costs.
- Review costs with other project members and initiate steps to control costs as needed.
- Identify parts and supplies needed to support product or process implementation and ensure they are available according to project schedules.
- Provide technical guidance to the Change Control Board, educate members on technical issues associated with assigned
- Train Technicians, Supervisors and other employees on use of new products or processes.
- Validate and document projects, file completed packages for use as benchmarks in subsequent projects.
- Support continuous improvement measures, by providing technical information and reviewing processes as they are revised.
- Address Change Notices (CNs) in a timely manner, to maintain project schedules and/or achieve acceptable levels of compliance.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or an Associate’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and/or 2 years’ related service experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Strong statistical, analytical and decision-making sense of urgency skills.
- Quality and Customer oriented.
- Experience in coordinating activities among departments or groups.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong knowledge of development methodologies and problem solving skills.
- Must possess a high degree of personal organization and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and CAD desirable.
- Able to perform required duties with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of FDA regulations desirable.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
San Jose Gyrus ACMI Inc.
Auto req ID
Olympus Surgical Technology America
At Olympus, we put a lot of good back into the world, and what we do really matters. We are committed to making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling every day by crafting innovative optical and digital solutions in medical technologies, microscopy, industrial solutions, cameras, and audio recorders.
We view our relationship with and commitment to our employees with the same passion. Everything we do at Olympus is a reflection of our vision, and everyone here helps to make it a reality. We’re invested in our employees, great ideas, and how they impact the communities around us. We see the world through multiple lenses and come together to find the right answers; the best solutions.
TRUE TO YOU. TRUE TO SOCIETY. TRUE TO LIFE.
Olympus Surgical Technology America
Olympus embraces diversity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policies as well as our values prohibit unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other federal, state or local protected classification. EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Associate Engineer | Olympus