Responsible for leading Engineering tasks within an advanced metal fabrication department. Emphasis on facilitating and implementing new process technology, standardization, new product introduction, process installations and continuous improvement within the metal fabrication department; support manufacturing to address and solve technical and process related issues; and manage projects as assigned to include planning, coordinating, controlling and follow-up activities to achieve Operational Excellence.
Including the following (other duties may be documented and assigned by management and some duties may not apply dependent upon the requirements of the position at each specific Tarter site and/or the strengths of the employee and the needs of the company):
1. Lead technical aspects involving laser cutting, metal forming, and tube bending.
2. Lead capital projects to expand fabrication equipment, capacity, and capability.
3. Support manufacturing to address technical and process related issues.
4. Lead a KPI (Key Performance Indicators) driven culture within fab department.
5. Analyze production processes, schedules, and methods then provide management with proposals and data to better understand future requirements for manufacturing equipment and processes.
6. Analyze and plan workflow, equipment, and space requirements to improve manufacturing flow and efficiency.
7. Participate and lead Lean manufacturing initiatives in support of manufacturing objectives.
8. Investigate new manufacturing technologies to improve methods, equipment, and processes.
9. Assist with 5S improvements and sustainability.
10. Maintain and create machine programs.
11. Work closely with Engineering Technicians to develop work instructions, maintenance schedules, and train employees on new processes and equipment.
12. Investigate production issues and recommend and implement corrective action.
13. Work with Health and Safety to design process safeguards and improve team member safety.
Knowledge, skills & abilities: Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Effective interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills required. This position performs job duties in an ethical and professional manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Position requires:
a. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing (Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Industrial preferred) or extensive technical expertise with metal cutting and forming.
b. 5 years’ experience with metal fabrication equipment and processes (preferably Trumpf laser cutting).
2. Project management experience in planning, coordinating, and executing capital projects.
3. Proficient with engineering design programs (preferably Creo and AutoCAD).
4. Especially adept at utilizing various computer programs for C&C controlled equipment and programming.
5. Well-Developed problem solving and time management skills.
6. Understanding of “Lean Manufacturing” principles and definitions.
7. Well-Developed leadership, teamwork, problem solving, and communication skills.
8. Must be willing to work 40+ hours per week, on-site, and in a manufacturing setting.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 40 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; safety eyeglasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location