mWave Industries, LLC in Windham, Maine, is hiring for a Manufacturing Engineer. This is a newly created position as mWAVE continues to grow. mWAVE is a leading global provider of innovative custom and commercial microwave antenna solutions for Commercial, Exploration, Communications, Military and Government customers. Established in 2004, our antennas are recognized worldwide for robust designs and reliability. mWAVE is part of Alaris Holdings Ltd, a publicly-traded technology company with engineering and manufacturing locations in the US, UK, Finland and South Africa.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for working independently as well as with other Engineers and Manufacturing personnel to ensure that our products are designed and manufactured to support customers’ needs. The position also ensures that mWAVE complies with internal and external quality standards including AS9100 and ISO9001. This position is hands-on and works closely with the Engineering Manager as well as the rest of the Engineering and Manufacturing teams to continuously improve our operations and overall quality.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Leading the creation and maintenance of standard work instructions and quality plans
- Investigates and resolves equipment and process problems
- Leads projects to improve tools, machinery, and methods including researching and evaluating capital expenditures
- Utilizes various tools to determine root cause of failures, as well as recommend and implement improvements
- Works with internal and external personnel to help implement and sustain AS9100 and ISO9001 registered QMS
- Improves manufacturing processes and methods to improve safety, quality, delivery and to reduce cost
- Promotes, implements, and oversees production cost reduction ideas using lean methodologies focused on process improvement. Lead process related projects from inception to implementation and sustainment
- Prepares and presents plans for improvements and coordinates and administers employee training
- Supports operations team in improvement of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training systems
- Represents manufacturing on cross functional teams
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in applicable field or Associates Degree and additional experience
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience determining root causes of machining and/or assembly issues
- Ability to read/interpret engineering drawings
- Proven project management experience
- Experience working within AS9100/ISO9001 Quality Management Systems a plus
- CAD/ProE/Solidworks Experience a plus
Why should you join mWAVE?
mWAVE is a fast paced, growing company that recognizes employees with a promote-from-within philosophy. We believe in a friendly work environment where employee contributions are well received and a key component to our success. Please see more details about our benefits below.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and capabilities
- Relocation assistance available
- 18 days of PTO and 9 paid company holidays per year
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance and retirement plans offered
- Company bonus plan
- Company sponsored social events: pizza lunches, holiday parties, community service projects, etc
- Small company environment where everyone knows each other
Life in Windham, ME:
mWAVE is in beautifulSouthern Maine, just outside of the state’s largest city, Portland. Windham offers great schools, a low cost of living and convenient access to highways and the airport. You can find great dining and wonderful activities including a summer farmers market, food truck festival, and kid-friendly museums and parks all within the region. For the outdoor enthusiast, Windham is about a 20-minute drive to the to the scenic Maine coast and a 20-minute drive to the Sebago Lakes Region for water activities, ice fishing, and hiking. The mountains and many of Maine’s premier ski resorts are just an hour away. Boston is just a 2 hour’s drive to the South and offers world-class dining, museums, professional sports and universities.
No Recruiters or Phone Calls Please
mWAVE Industries LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance