The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Special Programs is continually upgrading their mission areas to provide new technologies and new capabilities. These new enhancements or changes to the technical baseline(s) need to be accommodated with a system thinking attitude to ensure the company and the customer are all satisfied with the outcome. As a systems engineer for the Military Support Programs, you will:
- Develop new skills in calculation methods for entire spacecraft
- Learn 3D modelling techniques to aid in analysis
- Support spacecraft move/handling events with full flight hardware
- Work with a wide array of other skilled technical engineers
- Be responsible for maintaining a spacecraft MEL (Master Equipment List)
- Brief peers and customers on status, and
- Interact with ATLO and spacecraft design teams to execute system tests
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Mechanical physics (statics) knowledge – calculation of mass, growths, and center of gravity
- Experience with very large line item databases and/or budgets
- Experience with engineering drawings
- Must have a current TS/SCI
- 2-3 years of experience with spacecraft architecture, design, or development
- Ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment
- Capable of briefing audiences large or small of varying technical knowledge
- Experience with testing, verification, or submitting formal reports
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and take on numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.