13013 Northwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77040
This position is responsible for creating, maintaining, and deploying SQL procedures, and functions. This position will require the skillset necessary to convert legacy code into modern technologies. This position requires development experience with SQL, API, and JSON. This position will work closely with our applications development team to handle backend requests such as building an API, and/or stored procedures to retrieve the data requested. This position also requires a commitment to providing excellent customer and public service.
This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the job in keeping with industry trends, best practices and standards. The list of essential functions below does not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent in this job.
Essential Job Duties*
Work within an agile team on the design of the software systems.
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing code.
- Maintain and improve multiple customer portal websites.
- Ability to work with application development team to develop the backend API and stored procedure that are developed by our application development team.
- Ability to clearly articulate technical information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to troubleshoot to isolate root cause.
- Perform maintenance and support on existing software systems.
- Enjoy solving difficult technical problems with elegant solutions.
- Must be a team player with excellent team building skills.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
Education & Experience
Graduate from an accredited four-year college or university with a major emphasis in computer science, management information systems, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years SQL or API development experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities*
Solid hands-on experience with Microsoft SQL Server (MSSQL) database development troubleshooting tuning and proficiency with database query optimization stored procedure creation job creation.
- Candidate must have strong experience with SQL Development, views, triggers, stored procedures, CLR, and DevOps.
- Candidate must also have strong experience developing with JSON, API, and RESTful Services.
- Candidate must be able to take a project, identify key individuals in the development project.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
- Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and possess an excellent command of the English language.
- Candidate must be innovative and able to take initiative to find the right solutions.
- Candidate must always operate with the utmost integrity and loyalty to the team.
Working Conditions and Physical & Mental Abilities*
- Positions in this class typically require repetitive motions, walking, talking and hearing. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time with ability to reach, bend and move up/down on steps. Requires the ability to operate office equipment and communicate on the telephone and in person.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. The position requires considerable flexibility, concentration, creativity, and ability to manage time effectively. The position is subject to stress caused by a changing public environment, mandatory deadlines and heavy workload. Requires the ability to ask questions that will bring forth the information needed to make sound decisions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Harris County Appraisal District is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
Location: 13013 Northwest Freeway,Houston,TX 77040, Houston, TX 77040
Job Type: Full-time