Woodside Hotel Group (www.woodsidehotelgroup.com), the leading collection of independent hotels, restaurants and spas in Northern California, is seeking a Maintenance Engineer to join our team at the Harvest Inn (www.harvestinn.com).
The Harvest Inn is an idyllic resort designed to celebrate the vineyard way of life, with 81 luxurious accommodations nestled into four uniquely crafted neighborhoods, two secluded swimming pools, and a plush spa with indoor and outdoor facilities. Surrounded by lush landscaping of expansive clipped lawns, Harvest Inn has serene shaded groves, partially forested by towering redwoods. Harvest Inn is home to gardens of agricultural botanicals that produce many of the ingredients on the menus of our on-property restaurant, Harvest Table.
The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible primarily for general maintenance and repairs in guest rooms, meeting space, and front of the house areas. Guest room and public area entry-level preventative maintenance are included. A Maintenance Engineer will also perform some repairs on mechanical, electrical, kitchen, and laundry equipment, requiring some skills and experience in these areas. This position requires overall maintenance knowledge and trouble shooting ability with skills in painting, HVAC, carpentry, equipment, and tool usage This position will report directly to the Chief Engineer and work closely with the Landscaping and Housekeeping teams.
- A minimum of one-year property maintenance experience is required, with hotel experience preferred.
- Good customer skills are also required.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
- Is able to multitask and prioritize assignments.
- Must be comfortable working from a ladder (about 20 ft. in the air)
- Mechanical experience is preferred.
- A strong working knowledge of all building systems, including life-safety systems, is required for this position.
- Ability to stand for entire shift and walk long distances.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry moderate amount of weight.
- Must be able to make quick decisions in tough situations.
- Experience and a thorough understanding of Front Office operations preferred.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk moderate distances
- Ability to lift, pull, and push a moderate weight (about 50 pounds)
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Must be a team player
- Candidates should be extremely detail-oriented and organized.
To learn more about Woodside Hotel Group and our collection of Northern California Hotels & Resorts, visit, www.woodsidehotelgroup.com
DISCLOSURE TO JOB APPLICANTS PURSUANT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
As part of your job application and the Company’s evaluation of your candidacy, the Company collects, receives, maintains, and uses the following types of Personal Information about you for the business purposes identified for each category:
Name, alias, postal or mailing address, email address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number
1. To comply with state and federal law and regulations requiring; employers to maintain certain records;
2. To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment;
3. To obtain and verify background check and references; and
4. To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
Job application, resume, background check results, job interview notes, and candidate evaluation records
Same as above
Information regarding prior job experience, positions held, names of prior supervisors, reference information, skills and when permitted by applicable law your salary history or expectations
Same as above
Information from resumes regarding educational history; transcripts or records of degrees, vocational certifications, licenses obtained
Same as above
If you become employed by the Company, the Company will notify you of additional categories of Personal Information that it collects, receives, and maintains for business purposes.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.50 - $18.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Programmable Logic Controllers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)