Bristol Bay Shared Services, (BBSS) LLC is a shared service organization of Bristol Bay Native Corporation (BBNC) and is looking for a qualified IT Director to perform the following duties:
Responsible for the technological direction of the company and subsidiary customers. The Director of Information Technology’s primary responsibility is to oversee the streamlined operation of the IT department and to ensure it aligns with the business objectives of the organization. This individual’s principal goals are to develop and manage application portfolios for each department and to attain all IT service level agreements for the user community within the organization.
The Director of IT will plan, coordinate, direct, and design all operational activities of the IT department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. The Director of IT will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
1. Align IT vision, mission, policies with Bristol goals and needs.
2. Where necessary, re-engineer applications support to ensure it aligns with business processes, tactical planning, and strategic vision.
3. Manage the strategic plan for IT, including 3-5 year forward vision.
4. Manage department structure, priorities, timelines, and service requirements (SLA, user experiences, project outcomes).
5. Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, support staff, and end users.
6. Manage overall IT budget and ensure compliance with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
7. Develop bid requirements for all hardware and software upgrades, reviews submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements, and makes the appropriate award.
8. Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
9. Direct research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities, and procurement efforts.
10. Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
11. Manage and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
12. Communicate bi-directionally with senior management and IT staff.
13. Report on department goals, performance, productivity, trends, and forecasts
14. Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
15. Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or Information Technology. Minimum of ten years recent experience as an IT leader for mid to large businesses.
Required Knowledge or Skills
Comprehensive knowledge of:
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills and effective presentation skills, all geared toward coordination and education.
- Ability to negotiate and defuse conflict.
- Self-motivator, independent, cooperative, flexible, creative.
- Current driver’s license and access to reliable transportation; ability and willingness to travel when necessary.
Proven skills in:
- Current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards
- Systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation and operational management.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Business process analysis and redesign.
- Design, management, and operation of managed IT systems.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Negotiating with vendors, contractors, and others.
- Ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- Conduct and direct research into IT issues and products.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
- Planning and organizing.
- Management and leadership.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
Preferred Knowledge or Skills:
- Relate to all levels of the user community.
- Be a team player that motivates and educates other team members.
- Plan, implement and support systems in a complex environment.
- Set and manage priorities.
- Comprehend complex, technical subjects.
- Translate technical language to lay audiences.
- Link and apply complex technologies to business.
Project management, native corporation business structures, customer service, network design, WAN, cloud/hosted services, multi-tenant infrastructure, HA
Measures for Performance
Customer satisfaction (25%)
Project delivery (25%)
Network availability (25%)
Manager duties (25%)
- Light physical workload.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Employee must be able to exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading.
- Specific physical requirements include, but are not limited to, stooping, kneeling, reaching, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions.
- The worker is not subject to adverse environmental conditions.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BBSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to any protected category. Hiring preference will be given to BBNC shareholders, their spouses and descendants and Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.