Teledyne Microwave Solutions is hiring a Sr. RF Design Engineer dedicated to the design of RF, microwave, and millimeter-wave components and subsystems. It involves:
- Design of RF circuits and architectures using cascade analysis and frequency planning tools, and design of components using ADS, MWO, HFSS, Sonnet, Spice or Cadence.
- Design and usage of LNAs, PAs, filters, mixers, frequency multipliers, isolators, couplers, and phase locked oscillators and synthesizers.
- Trade studies for noise figure, power compression, spurious, bandwidth, and SWaP.
- Hardware layout, component evaluation, prototype construction, and test.
- Prepare test methods and specifications, analyze and test hardware to verify performance.
Lead PDR, CDR, PRR design reviews and give presentations to management and customers. Lead project design teams. Ability to design circuitry for high frequency receivers, transmitters, and signal generation. Ability to conceptualize initial component and system designs with schematics and block diagrams. Execute assembly, test, debug, and optimization. Organize results for design reviews and customer presentations.
BSEE and 15+ years of experience. MSEE preferred.
Experience with devices, circuitry, or systems operating at RF, microwave, or millimeter-wave frequencies. Experience with design tools such as MWO, ADS, HFSS, Sonnet, Spice, or Cadence. Knowledge of signal routing and packaging technologies for devices and subassemblies. Ability to communicate clearly with excellent speaking, writing, and presentation skills.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to find creative and innovative solutions. Strong lab skills using test equipment, and ability to tune and align circuitry. Ability to use Matlab, Mathcad, or programming languages to perform complex analyses. Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team, and be flexible within a dynamic environment. Committed to personal excellence and high corporate ethical standards. Ability to be organized and meet project goals and deadlines. Lead project design teams as needed.
U.S. Citizen and able to attain Security Clearance.
Sign-On Bonus: 20K
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $155,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance