NJOY is one of the largest independent vaping companies in the U.S. and a leader in the revolution against combustible cigarettes. With a clear mission to Make Smoking History, NJOY offers a range of electronic nicotine products for adult smokers and vapers looking for an alternative.
The brand was founded in 2006 and has continued to serve as a pioneer and thought leader in the vaping category. NJOY holds a contract with the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) to supply a standard research electronic cigarette for use in independent, government-funded clinical studies – a project with enormous potential in the United States and across the world.
Utilize the principals of Electrical Engineering to design and develop methods and procedures to characterize products and processes. Creativity and pragmatism are essential skills since standardized testing methods do not exist for these products.
- Perform detailed analysis of the interaction of components and subsystems and their impact on system performance.
- Develop test methods and procedures to characterize components, subsystems, and their interaction and impact on product performance and quality.
- Validate products, test methods, and procedures.
- Create SOPs, work instructions, and equipment maintenance plans.
- Assist Quality personnel with creation of calibration plans and procedures.
- Create detailed test plans, processes, and procedures.
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by technicians.
- Communicate and collaborate with other engineers, managers, suppliers, and contractors.
- Provide Electrical Engineering support and perspective on cross-functional teams ensuring new products, product improvements, investigations, and CAPA's can be realistically achieved.
- Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally.
- Train and supervise Engineering technicians.
- Lead technicians in coordination and successful completion of all job responsibilities.
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forth by Engineering and Quality team members.
- Thorough understanding of DC power control and ICs.
- Ability to create customized test equipment utilizing an Arduino IDE.
- Comprehension of Quality Management System (QMS) requirements in a regulated environment (FDA/Health Canada/MHRA/etc.). Medical device quality systems or CTP requirements experience is desirable.
- Experience in the application of various operational philosophies (Six Sigma, Lean, Theory of Constraints) to product and process development and control.
- Sound knowledge of statistics and their application to product and process design and control.
- Ability to assess data objectively and to make scientifically sound decisions in an efficient manner and to effectively present data in a format which supports the conclusion.
- Efficient organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple processes and priorities effectively. Proven ability to lead clearly defined projects effectively using project management tools.
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral, including ability to navigate potentially challenging situations both internal and external to the business.
- Ability to quickly assess assigned task requirements, identify potential challenges, and communicate effectively in order to expedite the successful execution of assigned work.
- Ability to work independently and within team environments.
- Strong computer skills, i.e. Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Visio, Statistical Software such as Minitab or Statistics, etc.
- Knowledge of CAD software.
- Must be able to lead, manage, and motivate team members through influence.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years' experience in an engineering role in a regulated environment, preferably medical device/pharmaceuticals.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
NJOY is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. NJOY is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, uniform service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Further, NJOY complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. NJOY is an e-verify employer.