- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Communication Skills
- Mechanical Knowledge
- Organizational Skills
- Computer Skills
- Leadership Experience
4 current openings
Full time Engineer required in supporting the manufacturing operations. This position will be responsible for tracking and certifying all functional gages used in the manufacturing plant and will work closely with quality engineers and customers. This person will also coordinate gage certification and approval and ensure plant personnel are trained on gaging techniques and measurements.
If Required by Site:
This position will be responsible for tracking and certifying all functional gages used in the manufacturing plant and will work closely with quality engineers and customers on gage correlation studies. Confirm that functional gage designs are consistent with company standards and performing gage R&R studies on new gages.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. The overall usage and completeness of the plant Gage Trak or applicable database.
2. Identify possible improvements to existing gages.
3. Create report to manage gage recertification.
4. Track repair history of gages.
5. Track costs associated with premature failures of non-calibrated gages.
6. Make recommendations on increase or decrease frequency of calibrations based on historical data.
7. Retrieve quotes for costs effectiveness of repairing gages.
8. Manage vendor relationships.
9. Assist the plant in trouble shooting any issues for the floor CMM’s.
10. Assist the Plant Maintenance group in the repair and troubleshooting of gages failing.
11. Attend all required cross functional meetings.
12. Oversee and assist Gage Tech.
13. Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customer.
14. Report and document non-conformances, CARs and continuous improvements.
15. Maintains safety and good housekeeping standards for the site.
16. Make decisions within limits of general standards or procedures.
17. Report near misses and incidents to site manager and cooperate with investigations.
18. Additional duties as assigned.
Additional Activities if Required by Site:
1. Interpret Engineering drawings and GD&T specifications.
2. Gage program modifications.
3. Complete layered audit of floor gages on a monthly basis.
4. Efficient repair of most mechanical and electronic gages.
5. Participate in Gage Recall and Certification tracking activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to work with little to no supervision
2. Good written and oral communication skills
3. Excellent organizational skills
4. Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork
5. Good computer and systems knowledge
6. Good interpersonal and leadership skills
7. Ability to multitask
8. Attention to detail
9. Demonstrated proficiency in diagnostic skills
10. Demonstrated understanding of gaging methods and terminology
11. Demonstrated understanding of mechanical drawings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required
2. 4 year degree in related field or equivalent experience
3. Knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures
4. Microsoft Windows operation
5. Experience managing automotive industry vendors