Responsible for conducting checks and reads on diverse machinery. Follow preventive maintenance schedules. Follow safety standards. Complete reports. Respond to engineering calls. Partial security duties.
· Ensure the proper knowledge, operation, maintenance, and repair of plumbing equipment, HVAC equipment, kitchen equipment, electrical equipment, locks, furniture and fixtures; walls and structure, electronics, etc.
· Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment and maintain appropriate records.
· Take required readings on equipment.
· Perform security duties such as unlocking areas, checking IDs, assist with bag/locker checks, etc.
· Test, clean and repair swimming pools and spas.
· Paint designated areas.
· Repair and finish sheet rock.
· Gain and maintain knowledge of all mechanical equipment critical to the operation of the building.
· Learn and maintain knowledge of equipment and chemical’s safety, emergency procedures, contamination procedures, signs, and health hazards. Ensure OSHA requirements are met.
· Ensure utilization of Protective Personal Equipment.
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas. Patiently answer all inquiries of our guests and assist them in every way possible.
· Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
· Comply with all company standards, policies and procedures.
· Assist department, as needed.
· Additional duties, as required.
· Over six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Working knowledge of codes for plumbing, electrical, Federal/local fire, local mechanical; water treatment programs, blue prints, plumbing, power/hand tools, meters and wiring schematics
· Safety, mechanical, operational certifications, preferred.
· Ability to understand and read blueprints and diagrams
· Self-starting and outgoing personality with a pleasant disposition, and strong attention to detail.
· Must be able to communicate in a professional manner with guests and other department employees and management.
· Ability to compute basic math calculations and measurements
The position performs indoors and outdoors.
The position requires the ability to get to reduced spaces, and moving in/out of them; and requires the ability to move about mechanical rooms, kitchens, elevators, stairs, ladders, and rooms.
The position constantly requires the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
The position frequently requires to move items up to 50 lbs. and requires to perform duties in a stooping, kneeling, or crawling position.
The position occasionally requires to move items up to 100 lbs.
-A hospitable demeanor must be projected at all times.
-The hotel operates seven days per week, twenty four hours per day; schedules are reflective of business needs and employees may be requested to be available to work on days, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
-Description subject to change at any time. Description is not an exhaustive list of all the tasks that may be assigned. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign tasks.
-The hotel offers employment at-will, as defined under applicable law. The employment relationship can be terminated by the employee or the hotel for any reason, at any time, with or without prior notice and with or without Cause.
-Reasonable acommodations may be made to enable employees to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Programmable Logic Controllers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)