CovalX Instruments Inc (a fully owned subsidiary of the Swiss based CovalX AG) is looking to hire a full time
person to work based in their Saugus (Boston), MA location. The position is that of entry level field/laboratory
CovalX has become the world's leader for measuring intact protein complexes by high mass MALDI mass
spectrometry. The patented tools and services that CovalX has developed are now regularly used by pharmaceutical
companies and universities around the world. Nearly every major biotech company in North America and Europe has
done business with CovalX at some stage of their research.
This position will offer the opportunity for an entry level person to get hands on experience with some of the most
cutting edge analytical instrumentation located in the world's best research labs. The position will involve completing
final assembly and testing of our high mass MALDI detector systems, followed by installation of these systems at
customer sites. Due to the novelty of many of the required tasks, training will be provided by CovalX. Additionally,
design projects overseeing new product development will be required. Aside from the well defined tasks that will
need to be accomplished in this position, the nature of a small company suggests that new requirements will arise.
Successful candidates need to be willing to adapt to various tasks without difficulty. Daily work will involve
mechanical and electrical assembly of complex systems followed by report generation from bench testing using
scientific tools. On-site installation of equipment at customer sites around the world, as well as troubleshooting and
service/support. There will also be some research and development of the latest generation products as person
- Willingness to learn new tasks and troubleshoot (i.e. analytical thinking).
- Ability to work and travel alone.
- High degree of flexibility.
- BSc degree or equivalent Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical Engineering or Life/Analytical Science.
- Any background of mass spectrometry (particularly MALDI) is advantageous, but not required.
- New college/technical school graduates should apply, previous work experience not required.
- Valid Driver License.
- Relocation not provided, local persons preferred.
- Travel: approximately 20 percent (Some international, ability to get US passport required)
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Travel expenses
- On-the-job training
CovalX Instruments Inc / Saugus, MA