Davis Constructors & Engineers, Inc. currently has an Engineer AutoCAD/Civil 3D position available in Anchorage. Davis is a construction company that value hard work and loyalty. We strive for safety and excellence in not only how we deliver our projects but also how we treat our staff. If a career at Davis sounds interesting to you, please read on!
The Auto CAD/Drafting Engineer will be responsible for developing and managing project CAD files for both civil and commercial projects and translating field As-Builts. The position will also encompass aid in obtaining, evaluating, and working with model sharing processed for civil jobs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree preferred (or in pursuit of one)
- Proficient in 2D Auto CAD, Auto CAD MEP, and Auto CAD Civil 3D
- Proficient in plotting & layout management in paper space of Auto CAD
- General knowledge of Revit and Trimble software preferred
- On the Job Training available
- General knowledge of the various disciplines and methods utilized in civil and commercial construction drawings
- Construction industry experience preferred
- Problem solving
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- General proficiency with math
- Proficiency in the following computer skills:
- Microsoft Office applications
- Adaptable to unpredicted situations
- Comfortable under high pressure
- Capable of managing multiple tasks for multiple supervisors
- Work and communicate well with others
- Coordinate, develop, and update design and drawing files
- Coordinate, produce, review, and maintain model files as necessary
- Aid and assist in BIM Modeling
- Translate all field as-builts to CAD files
- May assist in construction surveying
- Totals stations & field set-up
- Maintain deadlines for project close-outs
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
This position will be 5 days a week, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Some tasks will be performed in the office, while some will require physical efforts on site.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K and competitive salary.
EOE & drug free workplace. E-Verify.
A resume and cover letter may be submitted. Upon completion of resume review, an interview will be scheduled.
For successful performance of the position, an individual must be able to perform the listed essential responsibilities. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Davis Constructors & Engineers, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Davis Constructors & Engineers, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Revit: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Required)
- Construction Industry: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location