Are you interested in a position that will diversify your job portfolio and isn't boring? Are you looking for a challenging position within a company that you could grow with? Do you seek long term commitment in the workforce? Have we got the position for you! We are seeking an individual that can keep up with the fast-paced and demanding construction environment within a growing roofing company. Our goal is to build everyone up and as the company grows, the team does as well.
***There is no relocation package offered for this position***
We are looking for a Project Engineer to join our team. This individual preferably has experience in a Construction setting. We work as A TEAM. You will be working directly for the Project Manager and with the Field and shop Crews, as well as, our out of state office to ensure smooth operations. You must not be scared to get your hands dirty. This position is best suited for someone that is willing to take on as much work as is available.
Key qualities and characteristics we are looking for in this position are a positive attitude, willingness to learn, good listening and problem-solving skills, flexibility, adaptability, efficient, dependable, strong customer service and relationship developing skills, communication skills - written and verbal, organized, computer savvy, competitive, goal-orientated, able to work independently and autonomously, team player, focused, detail-orientated, and looking to grow oneself and the team as a whole.
The Job Description includes but is not limited to:
- Project Engineer any and all job-related activities
- Prepare Submittals
- Record and Analyze data
- Read Drawings
- Submit documents and file appropriately
- Order Materials
- Expedite important documents and/or materials
- Assist in performing daily/general duties
- Email correspondence
- Maintaining general office cleanliness
- Follow company procedures and processes
- Retrieve documents from filing systems and vice versa
- Keep up with the fast-paced, ever-changing industry needs and company growth
- Directly help Project Manager and other staff with any requests, inquiries, tasks, etc. . .
- Efficiently and effectively organize your time any tasks that are given
- Efficiently and effectively communicate across the board - email, phone, mail and face to face
- Other duties as assigned
As you grow into this position additional duties that are expected to be maintained include but are not limited to:
- Help in the shop on an as-needed basis
- Attend Subcontractor meetings
- Familiarize with plans and shop drawings
- Ensure SLO (Service Level Objectives) are met and projects are moving through in a timely manner.
- Assist PMs with scheduling and notifying all required personnel of deadlines: i.e. works cross-functionally with other company departments to ensure clients' needs and internal deadlines are met and keep all necessary parties (Internal/External) updated.
- Track projects through communicating clearly and effectively with coworkers, supervisors, on project status and development
- Promote safety onsite and offsite
- Being able to interpret terms of contracts, scopes of work, plans and shop drawings
- Track materials and shipping
Benefits and Pay:
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate Degree in Construction Management, Project Management, Engineering or a related field is a bonus, but not required.
- Basic knowledge and experience in administrative project management duties preferred
- Proficient in MS Office, Bluebeam, (AutoCAD a plus)
- General construction knowledge preferred
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and after hire random drug tests. Our policy does include mandatory post-accident drug and alcohol tests.
- Willing to train the absolute right applicant with little to no experience
- Students are encouraged to apply!
Interior Alaska Roofing, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
To apply, upload your resume. A cover letter describing why you would be a good fit and what you bring to the table is preferred in addition to the resume. Applications without a resume will not be considered.