We are LAUSD. We are at the forefront of innovation in public schools, with the serious work of tailoring the learning environment to better serve our community. Here, you will have the opportunity to exercise your potential in the business of education.
Job Title: Network Operations Center Engineer
Maximum Salary: $ 44.93 Hourly
The Network Operations Center Engineer installs, implements, configures, integrates, and maintains the Network Management Systems necessary to monitor the District’s Enterprise Network.
Typical duties for this position include:
- Implements, maintains, configures, augments, and integrates disparate tools for network management.
- Configures managed node domains within a distributed management system implementation.
- Provides feedback to management on trends, recurring issues, and anticipated problems related to network devices and their monitoring.
- Configures and performs balancing of system resources and maintains remote access system.
- Develops and tests event reduction and correlation rules within a distributed management system implementation.
- Develops and implements task-specific polling and monitoring scripts for integration with the management system.
- Develops and implements network, system, and application performance analysis and reporting.
- Provides daily monitoring of network infrastructure, detects equipment failure, and generates remedy services.
Graduation from a recognized college or university, with a bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field. Additional qualifying experience may substitute for the required education on a year for year basis.
Three years of experience in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of two or more large-scale network management platforms such as Peregrine Network Discovery, Nagios, Stablenet Infosim, HP/ Aruba Airwave, Cisco Primeworks, Netscout Fluke Truview, BMC Solutions (such as Remedy, TrueSight, and Network Automation), and HP business Technology Optimization.
Special: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification is required. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification, Cisco Certified Design Professional certification (CCDP), or BMC or HP equivalent certifications are preferable.
Insurance: Fully paid medical/dental/vision premiums for employee and all dependents
Vacation: Up to 36 days of PTO (24 PTO days + 12 Paid Holidays) plus Sick Time
Retirement: Membership in the California Public Retirement System (CalPERS)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36.08 to $44.93 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement