True Digital Surgery is a World Leader in Computer-Guided Microsurgery. We combine 3D visualization and guidance software applications focused on improving accuracy, efficiency and outcomes for surgeons and patients. Our medical imaging and guidance system employs advanced real-time 3D graphics capabilities and proprietary software that is sold to surgeons and hospitals all over the world.
Staff Electrical Engineer:
Works on both new electrical designs of our 3D visualization and guidance systems for microsurgery, as well as continuous product improvement of existing designs. Key system components include high dynamic range (HDR) 3D imaging cameras, robotic holding arms, embedded processing unit (EPU), 3D displays, mobile medical cart, power subsystem and related system cables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Design electrical systems, digital systems, and software for implementations for medical, scientific, manufacturing, and R&D applications.
· Technical documentation of designs and changes.
· Makes major design recommendations and decisions in partnership with senior staff.
· Plans and executes on agreed project scope-schedule-cost deliverables.
· Coordinates designs and schedules with other disciplines such as software, QA/RA, Ops, etc.
· Maintains project design documentation and provides data for permanent project files.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typically requires a minimum of 4 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 2 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook or equivalent.
The following knowledge is also required:
· Expertise in medical imaging and scientific imaging technologies
· Experience with optical concepts, optical design and camera technology
· Experience with measurement automation
· Working knowledge of Scrum or other Agile development methodologies
· Broad knowledge of engineering concepts (EE, ME, SW, data analysis, modeling)
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment
To respond to this opportunity, please apply through Indeed and be sure to include your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Engineering: 4 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity