Understand customer needs and expectations and create cost effective solutions to meet them. Maintain testing and quality protocols that meet our standards and promote continuous improvement throughout the organization. Investigate and analyze customer claims, issues and complaints to find root causes and develop appropriate corrective actions to minimize the future risks.
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S..) in Chemical, Mechanical, Quality or Textile Engineering from four year college or university
- At least two years of related experience supporting manufacturing operations
o Experience with establishing, implementing and maintaining of quality management system.
o Experience with establishing quality standards for individual products and setting the standards.
o Experience working in a manufacturing environment in a quality technician/engineer role
o Experience with analyzing problems to identify root causes and implement corrective and preventative action.
o Experience with monitoring feedback from customers to identify any quality concerns and liaise with customers to resolve any issues.
o Analytical / technical skills with MS Office and quality data base systems for statistical analysis
o Experience in follow up for several projects at the same time and track record of successfully completing projects on time.
o ISO 9001 System experience preferred.
o Nonwovens and/or roll goods manufacturing experience
o Supervision of technicians or other employees.
o Good business acumen.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency and working knowledge of database and reporting tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, complaint database systems and Minitab.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate with customers to address their concerns, needs and total satisfaction.
- Investigate customer complaints to conclusion. Includes documentation, corrective actions, preventative actions, internal communication and responses to customers.
- Collects, records, and analyzes and interprets data and prepares reports and charts as a routine. Improves process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards in order to meet supply needs.
- Maintains quality and testing systems and records to ensure compliance with ASTM and test method requirements.
- Partners with Production, Quality, Engineering and Maintenance to develop a cost-effective and working production process.
- Operates according to established company objectives and specific work programs. Manages the cost and time constraints of their specific projects.
- Writes SOP and instructions, audits operators as required, carefully monitors progress and coordinates with Production Management.
- Review process equipment and samples in plant to determine defects in products and source in process.
- Involved with supplier quality as it relates to complaints, non compliance and customer issues
- Supports R&D and process trials as it relates to defining, measuring and quantifying the quality aspects.
- Lead internal audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audit finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventative actions.
- Follow ISO 9001 and other regulatory policies and procedures in the performance and responsibilities outlined in the job description.
- Follow all company environmental, health and safety programs, policies, regulations and requirements.
- Attend monthly safety meetings.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Quality Engineer: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift