If you are viewing this job listing from a job posting board (indeed, LinkedIn, etc.) and wish to apply for this position you MUST do so directly through our website (http://quantelusa.bamboohr.com/jobs/). If you apply through Indeed or LinkedIn, your application WILL NOT be complete, and you will therefore not be considered for the position.
Quantel USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We consider applicants for all positions on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation and any other legally protected status.
- Design laser system mechanics, including, but not limited to: upper level system mechanical design, optical mounts, optical beds, electronics enclosures and mounting, chassis and thermal management systems.
- Use parametric modeling tools to create the designs.
- Perform FEA analysis to analyze and optimize mechanical structures, based on applied environmental, thermal and physical stresses relevant to the design.
- Participate in design reviews for products under development within the engineering group.
- Assemble prototype systems and test to operating requirements.
- Work with machining/fabricating facilities to build prototypes and production mechanical components.
- Create part numbers and generate Bills-of-Materials in the Enterprise Resource Planning software (Visual Manufacturing).
- Transition engineering designs into production by generating test procedures, work instructions, manuals and other related documentation.
- Interface with mechanical component suppliers.
- Provide support for the production group by maintaining and improving existing product lines.
- Create engineering change notifications as required for changes to released product.
- Interface with customers as required on specifications, applications and installations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent job experience related to the job responsibilities.
- Computer literacy and capable of using MS Office.
- Preferred experience using Solidworks.
- Preferred FEA Analysis capabilities.
- Preferred machine shop experience (mill, lathe, etc.)
- Preferred familiarity with electronics.
- Must be capable of working in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Must be capable of using small hand tools for assembling mechanical and electro-mechanical components and assemblies.
- Good close up vision.
By using this electronic application, you agree to use an electronic signature in lieu of a paper-based signature. You understand that electronic signatures are just like signing any document and that it is legally binding in the United States and in other countries. You consent and agree that the use of a key pad, mouse or other device to select an item, button, icon or similar act/action while using any electronic service offered; or in accessing or making any transactions regarding any agreement, acknowledgement, consent, terms, disclosures or conditions constitutes your signature, acceptance and agreement as if it were actually signed by you in writing.