RiverStreet Networks currently has an opening for a Wireless Network Field Engineer in Amelia/Dinwiddie Counties, VA
I. PURPOSE OF POSITION
- This is a full-time Bargaining Unit position responsible for the installation and maintenance, including, but not limited to, service of the plant facilities and customer-owned equipment.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform various installations and repairs including: telephone, video, broadband, and special services in both fiber and copper plant.
- Installation of fiber and copper enclosures
- Installation of inside wiring according to company specifications.
- Locate trouble in network facilities, which includes efficient and logical determination of the location of troubles.
- Perform restoration during interruptions in service or outages.
- Use test equipment and record proper readings, including but not limited to: OTDR, TDR, and other various other test equipment.
- Perform fiber splices using various fiber splicing machines.
- Must operate company vehicles; therefore must have a valid driver’s license. (Personal driving insurability may affect employment.)
III. SPECIAL CONDITIONS
- The employee shall cooperate and work with all other departments for the maximum benefit of the company or as directed by the Network Service Manager.
- This position does require working overtime, on nights, weekends, holidays, and during inclement weather conditions.
- The employee may be required to work a Monday through Friday or a Tuesday through Saturday rotation schedule.
- The employee must possess an exceptional positive attitude and have the ability to work and get along with other employees. Must be able to meet with and deliver exceptional customer service to RiverStreet customers.
- The employee shall be subject to random drug testing.
IV. JOB KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Must be willing to attend training schools, which includes travel, and staying overnight or nights away from home.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and a team player.
- Ability to work in a technical environment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Exhibit safe work habits at all times.
- Proficiency in fiber and copper color codes and identification.
- Experience in broadband technologies including: DSL, FTTx, and Wi-Fi strongly preferred.
V. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Physically capable of performing related work, including ladder and pole climbing.
- Lifting of weight in excess of 100 pounds is sometimes required.
- Stooping, crawling, and kneeling are required.
- Must be able to determine colors (cannot be color-blind).
VII. OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Safety practices and guidelines must be understood and followed.
- Maintain the vehicles and supplies in a neat and logical manner.
- Work with contractors on occasion.
- Other duties as needed and assigned by Network Service Manager.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
The work described above includes the overall function of the job but is not considered a detailed description of each individual duty of the employee.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Technician/Cabling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)