The Flight Test Instrumentation group is seeking qualified candidates to support efforts in designing and managing data acquisition and measurement systems to collect data in accordance with flight test program needs. Responsibilities will span the design, build, installation, maintenance, and upgrades to airborne data acquisition systems on rotor wing aircraft. The successful candidate will work in an exciting team based environment supporting test flights, lab builds, and system integration/sustainment during aircraft modifications.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Plan and coordinate Flight Test Instrumentation activities on projects.
- Select test equipment that satisfies measurement and environmental requirements.
- Perform circuit and wiring design for the implementation of safe hardware installations.
- Provide aircraft test operational support by directing on-board calibrations, data system operation, and troubleshooting.
- Work in a team environment to help solve complex engineering problems.
- Help develop improvements in standard practices to ensure quality and efficiency
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree.
Work will be performed at the customer's facility in Patuxent River, MD. While working at Pax River, Sikorsky employees must follow operating procedures as established by the customer which include:
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must currently have and/or be capable of obtaining a security clearance.
- Must currently have or be capable of successfully completing an NCIC criminal background check to access Pax NAS.
- Must currently have or be capable of obtaining full unescorted access Pax NAS.
- Must have a valid photo ID (driver's license + social security card or birth certificate OR US passport).
- Must have valid driver's license/vehicle insurance to drive on base at Pax NAS.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
Experience using data acquisition and record systems
Experienced with airborne telemetry systems
Working knowledge of Test Methods and Lab Procedures
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.