We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Programmer/Developer to join our team.
- Provide architecture & technology leadership for building and deploying applications in public cloud.
- Provide technical oversight to the development process including reviewing the technical design and the deployment architecture.
- Develop & evangelize the reference architecture & patterns that will be used across the organization to enable standardized cloud solutions.
- Lead the build vs buy discussion when it comes to choosing the tools & platforms.
- Develop & evangelize best practices for DevOps & CI/CD.
- Identify and introduce new technologies, patterns that can elevate the platform.
- Mentor solution architects and technical leads to help build effective engineering practices.
- 5 years of experience in software architecture & design.
- 5 years of experience in cloud services architecture, technical design and implementations including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Background as a software developer for the last five years, including experience in software analysis and design, coding, software unit testing and release.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of modern software development and Dev/Ops tools, including GitHub.
- Experience with build-time dependency management (e.g. Ant, Maven); unit testing and code-coverage tools; test automation techniques and tools; and build automation tools (e.g. Jenkins,) tools is required.
- Excellent understanding of CI/CD tools.
- Excellent understanding of containerization & open source tools in CI/CD.
- Excellent understanding of Docker & Kubernetes is required.
- Excellent understanding of micro-services architecture, design patterns, and standard methodologies with an eye towards scale, automation, resiliency, and high availability
- Experience in DevOps culture is a desired.
- Good understanding of architectural principles involved in SaaS and multi-tenant platforms.
- Knowledge of PCF, Java, Spring, Jenkins, Python/Perl is desired.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, influencing, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Remote Workers must prove acceptable broadband internet service.
o The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) defines Broadband as a connection that moves data at a minimum of 25 Megabits per second (Mbps) down and 3 Mbps up. Our client endorses that definition as adequate for our remote workers.
- US Citizenship is required for this position.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Remote or at on-site offices in Tampa, FL and Salt Lake City, UT
Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn.
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.